blimsta

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
hiya,

Im really trying hard to get my phenom 2 980 (3.7ghz stock) @ 4.1ghz to score more than 7.5 as its the lowest score on my system.

Things I've tryed are, running the fsb at 240/286/300 and all thats changed is my dram:fsb and I dont have a clue whats the best fsb or dram:fsb raio, could somone tell me whats the best fsb speed for 1600mhz ram speed plz? I have also clocked my NB upto 2.8ghz and that made my hole system run much faster while keeping my HT as close to 2ghz without going under.

I have water cooling on my cpu and the voltage is at 1.48 stable. Just cant tihk of anything else I could tweak to get my cpu past 7.5 win rating.

Any tips are welcome,

Thanks

Just seen only dx10 installed and cant find a link to install better, if anyone could link id be very thank full.

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
That 7.5 processor score is as high as you'll get. My 965 at 4.2 ghz is 7.5. Don't sweat it too much. WEI isn't a benchmark. It's more of a system "tuner" to isolate a component that bottlenecks a system. Your 980 is a great match with the 6900 series GPU. Ignore the 7.5, you have a well balanced system.
Here's a couple of MS DX 11 pages:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17431
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/directx-11

G

WEI is completely garbish. My 5ghz cpu won't even been 7.7.

cbrunnem

Distinguished
the only way to get it to 7.9 is to buy a new processor. my 2600k only scores a 7.8 so there should be no way for you to get a 7.9 cause lets face it there is no way for your cpu to be faster then mine cause if yours is ill just overclock mine more.

G

?? Bulldozer is way overpriced compared to sandybridge. No fanboyism or anything.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

depends on what your doing. in gaming you are partially correct for the most part but anything cpu intensive such as rendering and you couldnt be more wrong. the 2600k is almost twice as fast at rendering then the x6 1090t and over twice as fast then the x4. even at 4.5 the cpu scores at about 9 so still twice as fast at a speed almost every SB user can achieve.