Canon i560 driver windows 7 bit64

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonckheere

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
On my new 64bit Windows 7 machine, the printer installation program can't find a driver for the Canon i560 network mounted from an XP server. When I connect the printer locally via USB it installs fine.

Any suggestions?

Solution
Try this...go to control panel....printers.....then click add printer....then choose add network printer...when it searches and finds the printing you are looking for...write down the ADDRESS of that printer... mine is //ROLANDO/CANONi560.

Then start all over...go to control panel...printers...add printer...this time....click add LOCAL printer....choose create NEW PORT...hit next....now a dialog box appears and it says add port name.....you will type the desired address here....in my case I will type //rolando/canoni560...click next next next until it talks about installing drivers...choose the manufacturer...then the printer model....click next until it installs the drivers...should work....let me know.... i registered as a member on...

jonckheere

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Yes. And the only thing there under Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit) is a driver ADD-ON. For that it says:

This software is a module that expands the functionality of the printer driver for Canon Inkjet printers. Your printer must be installed via Microsoft Update before you download and use this module.

The problem is that the normal printer driver installation doesn't find the driver for the printer when installed as a network printer served by an XP machine.

Alan

jonckheere

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

There is no driver listed in any of the normal places to install. So YES, I tried to install from the devices and printers window, but NO I did NOT install from there or anywhere else.

sneakyybstrd

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Try this...go to control panel....printers.....then click add printer....then choose add network printer...when it searches and finds the printing you are looking for...write down the ADDRESS of that printer... mine is //ROLANDO/CANONi560.

Then start all over...go to control panel...printers...add printer...this time....click add LOCAL printer....choose create NEW PORT...hit next....now a dialog box appears and it says add port name.....you will type the desired address here....in my case I will type //rolando/canoni560...click next next next until it talks about installing drivers...choose the manufacturer...then the printer model....click next until it installs the drivers...should work....let me know.... i registered as a member on this just to give you this information....hope it works. godspeed..

Josh

Solution

FBJohnRambo

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I'll tell you how I got mine installed correctly...

... it registered as an "unspecified device". I right clicked on it and chose "trouble shoot". To my surprise, it did go on to search for online solutions, found and installed the correct driver for my i560. It is working fine. So my sense is that if your printer is detected appropriately but does not work, right click on it (in control panel) and choose "trouble shoot" and follow instructions. Good luck!

Serge

Status
Not open for further replies.