Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CPU Boosting Software vs Overclocking?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 21, 2009 1:35:06 AM

I've been using the following CPU optimizing & boosting software & I use all of this software and my computer & internet speed has increased by 100%. I was wondering if overclocking would give me a even faster CPU speed?

http://www.itopsoft.com/ · iTopsoft PC Speeduper increases computer performance by allocating higher portions of CPU power to active applications and games. It is a revolutionary product which enhances processor intensive software to run at even faster speeds.

http://pbsftwr.tripod.com/id15.html Application Accelerator will increase application processing time and clear memory for optimal performance. The application that you are using at the time will have special cpu priority dedicated to it. Gamers will be especially interested in this.

http://www.wlording.com/products.html Wlording Speedup PC increases computer performance by allocating higher portions of CPU power to active applications and games.It is a revolutionary product which enhances processor intensive software to run at even faster speeds. Very easy to use, fully compliant with all versions of Microsoft ?Windows and compatible with most software. With Wlording Speedup PC your computer will run faster than ever before. Boost the performance of your PC the easy way remarkably.(Set speed to high not realtime because it works better)

http://www.roemersoftware.com/moreinfo3.html Optimum XP Optimize your CPU, RAM, hard drive, Internet speed, network, security, Windows, Internet Explorer, MS Office and many other applications. Optimum XP uses minimal system resources and is very user friendly.

http://www.sammsoft.com/MemTurboDetails.aspx MemTurbo 4 has CPU Rocket that will boost your CPU allowing applications, internet speed & games to go faster.

http://bestshareware.net/download/boostkit.htm BoostKit I also use this CPU Boosting software & it works great.

http://www.pgware.com/products/pcboost/ PCBoost 3 increases computer performance by allocating higher portions of CPU power to active applications and games. PCBoost is a revolutionary product which enhances processor intensive software to run at even faster speeds.(Again it's better to set the speed to high instead of realtime because PCBoost works better on high)

http://www.brothersoft.com/resourc [...] 35046.html Resource Optimizer is the prefect solution for you. It will help you get the most out of your PC by optimizing CPU usage and give you optimal speed.

http://download.cnet.com/MCS-Syste [...] 87698.html MCS System Optimizer will optimize your CPU.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 21, 2009 2:45:26 AM

most of these are just cheap gimmicks. they may offer some improvement, but nothing compared to overclocking.

an i7 at 2.66ghz and an i7 at 4ghz are worlds apart.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 21, 2009 3:42:56 AM

I have a hard time believing a piece of software increases CPU performance by 100%. If anything, it's going to tie up more cycles as it tries to compute what your CPU should or should not be doing...
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
November 21, 2009 11:12:18 AM

How many of these software packages come with trial versions?
m
0
l
November 21, 2009 12:38:00 PM

jsc said:
How many of these software packages come with trial versions?


All of the software packages come with trial versions.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 21, 2009 1:06:48 PM

jerreece said:
I have a hard time believing a piece of software increases CPU performance by 100%. If anything, it's going to tie up more cycles as it tries to compute what your CPU should or should not be doing...


agree. I have't heard of anything that can boosting cpu speeds without overclocking.

The only thing i can see that would (theoretically) increase a computer speed would be reducing the amount of background programs running at 1 time. Thus reducing HDD activity which will make your computer feel like it's running faster.
m
0
l
November 21, 2009 4:22:31 PM

warmon6 said:
agree. I have't heard of anything that can boosting cpu speeds without overclocking.

The only thing i can see that would (theoretically) increase a computer speed would be reducing the amount of background programs running at 1 time. Thus reducing HDD activity which will make your computer feel like it's running faster.


I also want to overclock my CPU, but I don't know how.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 21, 2009 7:40:16 PM

clairvoyant christopher said:
Thank you for the info, it looks informative & interesting.


No problem. may not have the same cpu you have but the over-clocking procedure is nearly the same on all cpu's
m
0
l
November 21, 2009 7:54:45 PM

warmon6 said:
No problem. may not have the same cpu you have but the over-clocking procedure is nearly the same on all cpu's


With the info you supplied me with, I will look into overclocking because the cpu boosting software requires you to have at least 3-5 installed to work at optimal speed.
m
0
l
November 22, 2009 12:28:20 AM

welshmousepk said:
most of these are just cheap gimmicks. they may offer some improvement, but nothing compared to overclocking.

an i7 at 2.66ghz and an i7 at 4ghz are worlds apart.


Wow! After reading an article on overclocking I believe you.
m
0
l
November 22, 2009 1:06:33 PM

jerreece said:
I have a hard time believing a piece of software increases CPU performance by 100%. If anything, it's going to tie up more cycles as it tries to compute what your CPU should or should not be doing...


Well I noticed that the more of these programs that I use the faster the CPU performance is. All of these CPU boosting software will increase your computer by 100% if you use all of them combined.
m
0
l
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
November 22, 2009 2:16:09 PM

The guide that warmon linked to is for Core2 CPU's. If you have an i5, i7, or AMD CPU, you need a different approach.

What kind of CPU do you have?
m
0
l
November 23, 2009 11:50:42 AM

jsc said:
The guide that warmon linked to is for Core2 CPU's. If you have an i5, i7, or AMD CPU, you need a different approach.

What kind of CPU do you have?

I have a Intel Core i7-920 processor(8MB L3 Cache 2.66GHz)
m
0
l
November 26, 2009 1:49:44 PM

warmon6 said:
No problem. may not have the same cpu you have but the over-clocking procedure is nearly the same on all cpu's

Happy Thanksgiving to you.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2009 4:16:05 PM

clairvoyant christopher said:
Happy Thanksgiving to you.


you to. :D 
m
0
l
!