Rate My RIG :)

G

- 700W Power Supply
- ASRock Mobo with 2 PCI Express x16 2.0 slots
- AMD Phenom X4 Agena 2.35Ghz CPU
- 8.00GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz
- 1TB Western Digital 7200RPM Harddrive
- Crossfire Sapphire ATI HD4850 512MB and XFX ATI HD4850 512MB
- Spin Q Thermaltake Heatsink (The huge metal one) and 3 x 120MM Exhaust fans.
- 2 DVD-RW x24 drives

Your thoughts on my Rig plz... Just want to get an Idea of how my money was spent.

That just seems ass backwords to me. Should of got some opinions first :sol: Anyways (you already made your bed lay in it) Just enjoy the rig.

If i seen this website before i built my rig i would of got a 750 PSU and a ati GPU < but whats done is done.

szymek

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2008
First of all, take phenom II, second, 4-6gb of ram will be absolutely enough, and one 4890 would peform worse, but you will be able to put another one in the future. oh, almost forgot, asrock is one of the worst manufactures, their capacitors like getting fat and then you have to replace them on your own. i can give you 5/10. Sorry, i actually missed the sentence that you already bought it. you will be fine/you are fine, but in the future, ask before you buy;)

FallenSniper

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
First of all, take phenom II, second, 4-6gb of ram will be absolutely enough, and one 4890 would peform worse, but you will be able to put another one in the future. oh, almost forgot, asrock is one of the worst manufactures, their capacitors like getting fat and then you have to replace them on your own. i can give you 5/10. Sorry, i actually missed the sentence that you already bought it. you will be fine/you are fine, but in the future, ask before you buy;)

ASrock is manufactured by Asustek. That's quite a bold claim

True but would you like to drive a ford ( focus or a mustang ) its there lower end boards

FallenSniper

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
I'm a big fan of Asustek so I would compare it to a Porsche instead. And I would gladly drive a low end Porsche. Nah I'm kidding...I see your point. But at the same time I think it's wrong to say ASRock is one of the worst manufacturers.

Nah I'm kidding...I see your point. But at the same time I think it's wrong to say ASRock is one of the worst manufacturers.[/quotemsg]

True

G

I actually purchased my Sapphire HD4850 a year ago, and decided now to take advantage of the extra PCI Express Slot. So I went to buy another on Newegg.com but they dont sell the exact same one anymore and my option was either buying the same Sapphire one from Amazon.com for $140 or the XFX HD4850 with the exact same specs and a much larger heatsink for $75. They both seem to function fine under Crossfire. Was that a bad choice?

4745454b

Titan
Whats with the lack of details? 700W PSU could mean anything. And remind me again what a "Agena" CPU is? Phenom 1 if I remember correctly. If so, you have a slow CPU. They were also bad overclockers, so you probably won't hit 3GHz with it either. Other then those, not bad.

G

If you purchased everything over a time period and had the CPU from before the latest purchases then your not to bad off. What people are saying is if you just purchased all of this and just picked up that CPU then you would have been better off asking for help here first as you could have picked up a better selection of newer parts with higher performance over your current setup. PSU Brand? ;)

G

- 700W Power Supply
- ASRock Mobo with 2 PCI Express x16 2.0 slots
- AMD Phenom X4 Agena 2.35Ghz CPU
- 8.00GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz
- 1TB Western Digital 7200RPM Harddrive
- Crossfire Sapphire ATI HD4850 512MB and XFX ATI HD4850 512MB
- Spin Q Thermaltake Heatsink (The huge metal one) and 3 x 120MM Exhaust fans.
- 2 DVD-RW x24 drives

Your thoughts on my Rig plz... Just want to get an Idea of how my money was spent.

My suggestions, (these are only my suggestions.) As an upgrade path, Sell the CPU, 4GB of the DDR2, Both GPU's and the 700W PSU(Depends on the brand and connectors) And then get the Phenom II 940 or Up a 4890 or a newer card next month and if needed as stated above a Name Brand PSU like Corsair, OCZ, Sea-sonic, or PC Power and Cooling. If you OC try a newer version of the Thermalright Ultra 120 RevC with AM2/+/3 retaining bracket with a good 120mm fan. Don't get me wrong the cooler you have is not that bad but these are just my suggestions. :D