Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Battlefield 3 not working in ultra mode

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Battlefield
  • Cooler Master
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 6, 2011 4:14:27 PM

Hi all,

My specs are below

I7 2600k
Sabertooth p67
Ssd kingston
Segate hdd
8gig ddr 3 crosshair vegance 1600mhz
27" samsung led monitor
Xfx 6950 1gig ddr5
Cooler master v6 gt
Haf advanced panel cabinet
Cooler master real pro 700w psu

I spent 1 lakh rupee (2000$) for this pc, but battlefield 3 not running in ultra mode 1080p.. In custom settings all I changed to ultra except antilasing defered bcoz if I change in 2x game started crashing, its issue with graphics card or one more 6950 1gig have to add? I want to play game in ultra mode 1080p pls give me suggestions shall I add one more 6950 1gb?

I can play in custom settings set to all option ultra mode even aa 16x is working fine except atilasing defered cant able to increase.. Installed catalyst 11.10 also..

More about : battlefield working ultra mode

November 13, 2011 11:02:34 PM

dhongkool1 said:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3- graphics-performance,3063-12.html..
not working or not working well? a 6950 wouldn't be able to run bf3 ultra at 1080p smoothy

Am having 6950 1 gb xfx gpu, I can able to play smoothly but not in ultra full max.. my question is if I select ultra mode game crashing continusly I can able to switch to custom mode, in custom e I can able to select ultra exxept anti aliasing deferred may I knw y? Any changhes have to do ati gpu settings?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 23, 2011 6:25:57 PM

In AMD Vision Control Center go to Gaming, then 3D Application Settings. Are there any 'Use application settings' options unchecked? If so, try enabling them (particularly the Anti-Aliasing one) to use application settings. Also try unchecking 'Enable Adaptive Anti-Aliasing if it's checked.
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 12:13:07 AM

with a 27-inch monitor at 1080p you will need cf 6950's to run bf3 on ultra!
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 12:21:57 AM

jijoslin said:
with 27-inch monitor at 1080p you will need cf 6950's to run bf3 on ultra!



shall I replace to 590 or 6990, or shall I wait for few months?? Am planning to replace... Or shall I buy one more 6950 my mobo sabertooth is 8x so I wont get full speed rite??
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 12:27:08 AM

PIZZA Man said:
In AMD Vision Control Center go to Gaming, then 3D Application Settings. Are there any 'Use application settings' options unchecked? If so, try enabling them (particularly the Anti-Aliasing one) to use application settings. Also try unchecking 'Enable Adaptive Anti-Aliasing if it's checked.


Now working fine in ultra thank u...
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 1:50:05 PM

btw if u would have added another 6950 u would still have 1 gb because the frame buffer(aka ram of gpu)is mirrored
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 2:43:25 PM

helpy said:
btw if u would have added another 6950 u would still have 1 gb because the frame buffer(aka ram of gpu)is mirrored



Shall I buy 590 or 6990 or shall I wait??
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 2:51:39 PM

wait probably but as u living in india like me u will get seriously high prices specially at the time of launch. also u should wait at least a month to see the available variants and series but if u want u may wait for 7990(or the best one) or 690(again or the best one) , if u can wait 6 months because we never know as whole series is not released at once.
we can see that 560 was released in may mid whereas on q2 nov.
same for amd some in oct 2010 and some in may 2011.
if i could wait till the best cards are out i would.
if i cant wait , i would get 6990 or 6950 x2 or x3 or 570 x2 or 560 ti x3
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 3:07:16 PM

helpy said:
wait probably but as u living in india like me u will get seriously high prices specially at the time of launch. also u should wait at least a month to see the available variants and series but if u want u may wait for 7990(or the best one) or 690(again or the best one) , if u can wait 6 months because we never know as whole series is not released at once.
we can see that 560 was released in may mid whereas on q2 nov.
same for amd some in oct 2010 and some in may 2011.
if i could wait till the be
st cards are out i would.
if i cant wait , i would get 6990 or 6950 x2 or x3 or 570 x2 or 560 ti x3





Ok I will wait and update gpu
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 3:12:22 PM

before upgrading ask. sometimes cheaper cfs or slis are better , in case of 570 for eg.
good luck, and u r lucky to have money to buy one such expensive comp.
btw if u just get 2 580's , u can outperform and single card comping up (not cards like 690 or 7990). and 2 580's are enough to max out any game within a year and a half at least. i can guarantee that if crysis 3 isnt coming or metro last night isnt badly optimized.xD
m
0
l
November 28, 2011 9:53:30 PM

helpy said:
before upgrading ask. sometimes cheaper cfs or slis are better , in case of 570 for eg.
good luck, and u r lucky to have money to buy one such expensive comp.
btw if u just get 2 580's , u can outperform and single card comping up (not cards like 690 or 7990). and 2 580's are enough to max out any game within a year and a half at least. i can guarantee that if crysis 3 isnt coming or metro last night isnt badly optimized.xD



Can I have ur mob number?
m
0
l
November 29, 2011 7:55:08 AM

no i can not give it to you like this.
it is not allowed.
neither email.
if u want to have a talk , then get xfire and add me as a friend : utkarsh74 .
and write a personal message with the request
m
0
l
December 4, 2011 5:38:46 PM

I have a MSI HD 6950 2GB Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus edition card OC'd to 980mhz and have no issue with it studdering or running poorly on ultra 1920x1080.

I am finding that it really matters what you have in terms of hardware to run BF3 without problems...it runs flawless for me and rarely crashes.

The game requires at least 1GB graphics ram to run on high settings so be smart and get a 2GB card if running a single card or if you are Nvidia get a 1.2-1.5GB minimum!!!

My RIG:

Intel core i7 950 OC @ 4.3Ghz 50c max
Corsair H50 Custom Phobia G.Changer 240Rad with 3/8" hose
Evga x58 Classified 3 mobo
12GB DDR3 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX T1 ram OC 2300Mhz
Two 500GB Sata II Hdd's
Two Corsair Force GT 120Gb SSD's Raid 0
Silverstone Raven RV03 Case
Silverstone Stryder 850w PSU
m
0
l
December 4, 2011 11:01:56 PM

badoosh said:
I have a M


SI HD 6950 2GB Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus edition card OC'd to 980mhz and have no issue with it studdering or running poorly on ultra 1920x1080.

I am finding that it really matters what you have in terms of hardware to run BF3 without problems...it runs flawless for me and rarely crashes.

The game requires at least 1GB graphics ram to run on high settings so be smart and get a 2GB card if running a single card or if you are Nvidia get a 1.2-1.5GB minimum!!!

My RIG:

Intel core i7 950 OC @ 4.3Ghz 50c max
Corsair H50 Custom Phobia G.Changer 240Rad with 3/8" hose
Evga x58 Classified 3 mobo
12GB DDR3 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX T1 ram OC 2300Mhz
Two 500GB Sata II Hdd's
Two Corsair Force GT 120Gb SSD's Raid 0
Silverstone Raven RV03 Case
Silverstone Stryder 850w PSU



Is it worthbuying 6990?
Will all games run in ultra(6990)?
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 10:52:22 AM

ofc , u blow any game on it , it will get you min 60 fps on 2650x1600 , and 100 at 1080p (at least in bf3)
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 10:56:45 AM

arularasu said:
Am having 6950 1 gb xfx gpu, I can able to play smoothly but not in ultra full max.. my question is if I select ultra mode game crashing continusly I can able to switch to custom mode, in custom e I can able to select ultra exxept anti aliasing deferred may I knw y? Any changhes have to do ati gpu settings?

some settings which are very memory intensive (and ofc graphics)
1.Depth of Field
2.Anti-Aliasing
3.Tessellation
these are some of the settings that will kill any 1gb card at your resolution.
m
0
l
December 6, 2011 12:20:11 AM

helpy said:
some settings which are very memory intensive (and ofc graphics)
1.Depth of Field
2.Anti-Aliasing
3.Tessellation
these are some of the settings that will kill any 1gb card at your resolution.








Suggest me 590 or 6990 or 7000 series... Am serisly struggling in all games.. Need a killer card to kill all the games.. Pls suggest me am so confused due to 6990 microsuttering and noise issue and nividia 590 not upto my expectation.. So can any one suggest me card tht should kill all current and future games.....
m
0
l
December 7, 2011 12:35:38 PM

if u can wait , thats the best
if cant there is a 3rd card
ASUS MARS II
its a beast
it is like 590 , it has 2 580s but in 590s the 580s are underclocked so 22% faster than 590.
but it is too expensive purhaps about 75000inr or 1500$
and they also say to have ASUS ROG Rampage III Extreme or Rampage III Extreme Black Edition Mainboard is recommended for best Synergy.
also it extends upto 3 slots and it requires a 1000w psu
a 6990 is almost half the price.
and retains about 80% power
but if i were you i would get 2 570s
they are awesome cards specially in sli
i would be thinking of 2 or 3 6950s but your mobo doesnt support crossfire.
and since your problem is specially of bf3 i would like you to see this
m
0
l
!