Sign in with
Your question

Desktop Menu freezes when scrolling

Last response: in Windows XP
February 5, 2012 10:31:13 PM

I have my desktop icons hidden and use the Desktop on my lower right corner of the task bar. When I click to scroll down searching for a particular item, the scrolling freezes the further down I go. It takes a minute or more to unfreeze and continue to scroll , then it stops again. What can be the problem.
February 6, 2012 8:45:08 AM

tmdcedar said:
I have my desktop icons hidden and use the Desktop on my lower right corner of the task bar. When I click to scroll down searching for a particular item, the scrolling freezes the further down I go. It takes a minute or more to unfreeze and continue to scroll , then it stops again. What can be the problem.

How much memory & disk free space do you have ?

Bring up task manager, click on resource tab, then see what is hogging your CPU cycles when you scroll.....
m
l
February 15, 2012 11:56:24 PM

I have tried the options mentioned but it continues to freeze up. Sometimes it seems like the desktop backgrounds that are more than 200 KB affects the speed of the scroll. I try to use lower KB photos and this seems to help somewhat but the problem returns. I do have plenty of memory space so I'm discounting that as the problem. Any other suggestions?
m
l
!