Good Motherboard?

thomkal

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Looking to get a customizable computer through MagicMicro.com, and was just wondering about the motherboard offered with the option I am looking at. It's the asrock M3A770DE. Getting a somewhat budget gaming computer with an Athlon II X4 620 processor and Radeon HD 5770 graphics card. Looking to get a computer that will last a few years without much changes. Will this card serve this purpose and allow for good component changing/expansion when I need it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16813157176

The 5770 is a good choice; newegg has had some as low as $129 recently. The video card is one item you can install yourself, if you don't need to upgrade the power supply first. The asrock board looks ok; uses ddr3 and am3 cpus only, which is a good feature. I used the propus 620 recently, and overclocked it at 3100 by changing the cpu fsb to 240 and the bios memory ratio to 1:1.66 without a voltage increase. It ran stable. Choose one of the following brands of power supply or install it yourself later: corsair, pc power and cooling, seasonic, antec, ocz, or enermax. 550-650 watts is plenty for a single video card and the 5770. Don't let magicmicro charge you extra for a decent brand. They have enough profit margin to use one of these brands for little or no extra.

Kinda impossible to answer unless you tell us what resolution you are gaming at. If at HD resolutions 1920 x something, no, the 5770 can't maintain 30 fps in DX11 games at that res.