Weebro

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I am needing to find a Wireless N Router that has Multiple SSIDs, Allows scheduling, and has a VPN that allows PPTP end point?

Currently the network is configured with 2 xDSL modems that connect into a Server that is running Server 2003. My client is looking to have a Wireless Router installed to give their customers Wireless Internet. At the same time, they would like to have Wireless for the Customers and a Secure Wireless for the staff that can access internal shared files, printers, etc.

One modem supplies the internet to Public Workstations. The second modem supplies internet to the Staff computers.

They would like to have it where the Public side of the Wireless can be shut off at night while leaving the Staff side active.

The VPN will be used by Staff to connect into the Local Network and access files for a Company Laptop at home. The VPN will also be used by myself to allow computer repairs off site via Remote Desktop.

I have been doing Systems Administrator support for the last 10 years, however, the VPN and trying to accomplish what they are wanting is new to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
I think VPN is great solution establishing VLAN
You can test using pptp protocol which is the easiest and less scured
once established the connections move to ipsec or vpn over sstp
all what you need is a Cisco device called Model RVL200
not expensive and still simple to set up and gets the job done

Weebro

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I have no problem doing that. I already have a Wireless Router in place that is being used by the Public I'm kinda new to using a VPN. I am more interested in the VPN as then I can Remote into individual computers to work on them as needed and the staff can access shared files via the VPN. Any suggestions for a good wireless VPN router for the Staff use?

ashraf_01

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I think VPN is great solution establishing VLAN
You can test using pptp protocol which is the easiest and less scured
once established the connections move to ipsec or vpn over sstp
all what you need is a Cisco device called Model RVL200
not expensive and still simple to set up and gets the job done

Solution