Sign in with
Your question

Boot Issues

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 30, 2009 1:44:57 PM

I recently built my first pc and am having some issues with the system even staying on. All leds, fans, the led light button, and the power button work, the cpu fan is running, my dvd drive and floppy drive light up, and my sapphire 4850 has both a spinning fan and a light show up. Unfortunately my system refuses to display the BIOS screen through my card (i have my acer hi def monitor hooked up to the 4850 via an HDMI cable) and will only boot for about 3 or 4 seconds, then it randomly turns off, then maybe 2 or 3 seconds later it turns on for a sec, then off. Is this a psu problem? I tried wiggling my 24 pin mobo connector on the psu and it seems to have an affect but my system boots so randomly it might just be my imagination. I have heard the my memory may be a problem, but would ram cause the system to turn on and off like this or do I just have a bad psu?

Specs of the system are as follows
1 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, 1 Sapphire 4850, 2 sticks of 2 gb Mushkin DDR2 800 ram with a timing of 5-4-4-12, 1 intel e8400, some crappy rosewill wireless internet adaptder, 1 lg cd drive, 1 crappy old floppy drive from a computer from the 90's (my mobo manual says I need that for raid), 2 Western digital 640 gb 7200 rpm drives, a Cooler Master Storm Sniper case, and 1 Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU.

More about : boot issues

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 30, 2009 2:05:20 PM

Is my MOBO atx power connector broken?
m
l
!