Best Choice - Gamming Mouse

siq

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Hi Guys,
I'm here to ask for your help. I pretend to buy a gamming mouse, I can't play with my generic mouse anymore. I decided to go for the Logitech G7, but I can't find it. So I decided to come here and ask your opinion. Which is the best gamming mouse and daily use mouse ? I like to see movies from my bed, so a wireless mouse could be fine.
I was thinking on the Corded Logitech MX 518 (Ugly) or the Cordless Microsoft SideWinder X8. I accept suggestions and please, tell me your experiences with mouses.
Thank you,

Siq

LLJones

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
The Logitech G7 can be found on their website. I live Canada and had mine delivered about two weeks ago. $100 w free shipping.

I really like the G7. The ergonomics are great, I run mine on a Razer Destructor pad.

http://www.dvhardware.net/review141_razer_destructor.html

Great sensitivity that can be customized, the left right wheel tilt can be programmed for any key, so doing an action, say drawing a knife or changing a seat position, can be done in a fraction of the time it takes reach a key or a button on the side of the mouse. This has saved my life and cost others theirs many times.

I have made two fantastic sniper shots using this mouse. I set it on the highest dpi and use that to quickly scan/move. Once I have acquired a target, I can then drop the dpi and really get a good rock steady shot.

It's cordless. I will never use a corded mouse again. I can not stand the feel of the cord dragging. With the G7 teflon feet and a gaming mouse pad, the motion is truly fluid and effortless. As close to no resistance as you can get.

It includes two batteries, and as long as you keep flipping them, you will never have a dead battery. I have never had to use the boost mode and have never been without a fully charged battery. The charger is completely unobtrusive and mine is within arm's reach.

I have been caught in mid game with a dead battery, but that is my fault. It only takes about three seconds to change the battery in panic mode.

I looked a t buying a Mamba, but with no programmable scroll wheel and the price, I went back with my G7.

I did have the glitch where sometimes the pc would not find the mouse on start up and I had to un/replug the usb cable. This was a pain as like most people, the back of the pc was at the back of the desk. I still think the G7 was worth the hassle of this. It's not like it died in the middle of something, it only happened at start up.

I have not had this problem with the new mouse.

Keep people with lemonade away from your mouse. I will guarantee that this will lengthen the life of your mouse.

I now have a new base and two new batteries for spare. The old transmitter stick did not work, nor was it expected to. The new stick works well in the old base. As I have not had any transmitter problems, I think Logitech quietly fixed that problem.

See you on the battlefield.

siq

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Hi Guys,
Thank you for your opinion. I liked the CM one, but I think I'll get the SideWinder X8. The only problem is. I've read some articles saying that this mouse have had some problems with cloth mousepads. I have a Razer Mantis Control, and I would like to use it with my mouse. Anyone's got any information ?
I'm waiting for more opinions.
Thank you !

PS: Unfortunately, the G7 is too expensive for me. 80 dolars. It's not a money problem. The thing is: I'm not american. I'll ask an american friend to send it to me (USPS) but eletronics over $50 USD get 60% taxes (too high). So, a 60 dolar mouse I can get without big problems, but 80 dolars is a little too much.
I hope you understand.

PS²: Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Brazil, and I've been learning english for only 3 years now.

@OP:

Only YOU can select the best mouse for gaming. Ergonomics is every thing in a gaming mouse. It's not just the dpi etc that matters it's how well the mouse is designed. For example, I love my Logitech G5 while I hate the G9. On the other hand, there are people who love the G9 and hate the G5. There are others who prefer a Razer over a G5/G9. At the end of the day, it all comes down to you.

My recommendation would be to go out and try the G5/G9/G7,etc and see which best fit your hand,etc and buy that.

siq

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Thank you guys. I think I'll get the SideWinder X8. It's good, cheap ($67), my friends that have this mouse haven't noticed any problem, it's easy to charge, you can charge while play (corded), and so on.
But I'm still open to suggestions and advice.
Once more, thank you.

I agree that you should try before buying - as Shadow said, what mouse feels best to you is really variable, and some people will absolutely love one that others hate (I love my G9 for example, and vastly prefer it to the G5/G7 feel).

siq

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
I'll try to do it. Here in Brazil, we don't have stores that sell top hardware or gamming acessories. I mean, we have, but they are all online stores. My friends are not very interested in technology so I don't have a way to try the mouse. But I'll find a way.
Thank you guys.