Sign in with
Your question

1200xi All In One will scan but not print text documents

Last response: in Windows XP
February 6, 2012 1:38:22 AM

Hello,
I am using XP and have a 1200xi Color All In One Printer, recently it stopped scanning, I updated the drivers and also reinstalled the original software and the scanner works and is communicating with my computer, however my problem now is that it refuses to acknowledge any programs I am trying to print text from. It is like the laptop is not communicating with the printer at all, I have walked through the troubleshooting process down to trying to print from command prompt test page etc, but no luck.

Any guru assistance or guidance would be deeply appreciated as I really use my printer alot for work and have a project due in the morning that has got to be ready by 8 a.m...... Help Please !!!
a b \ Driver
February 6, 2012 12:44:28 PM

mamadodah said:
Hello,
I am using XP and have a 1200xi Color All In One Printer, recently it stopped scanning, I updated the drivers and also reinstalled the original software and the scanner works and is communicating with my computer, however my problem now is that it refuses to acknowledge any programs I am trying to print text from. It is like the laptop is not communicating with the printer at all, I have walked through the troubleshooting process down to trying to print from command prompt test page etc, but no luck.

Any guru assistance or guidance would be deeply appreciated as I really use my printer alot for work and have a project due in the morning that has got to be ready by 8 a.m...... Help Please !!!

Before you reinstalled, did you use device manager to Uninstall printer drivers ? HP is very specific about doing that before any reinstall attempt.

Go to hp.com for reinstall procedure, if you haven't already.
This link is not from HP. - But may assist you.
http://www.out-of-warranty.com/three-ways-to-uninstall-...
!