ATI Radeon 4650 DVI to HDMI issues

surfrider26

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Hi

I bought a 32in HD TV. I am using it as a monitor and a TV. I originally hooked it up via the VGA port (from the PC) and HDMI (Directv) and was able to max the resolution while using my PC to 1920x1080 (the max rez for the TV) and it looked great!

The TV has 4 HDMI ports, and in order to use my Directv2PC program, I have to stream it through an HD port, ala DVI on the card.

I have a DVI to HDMI cable connected, and the resolution still allows 1920x1080, but the picture is clearly worse, with fuzzyness etc. It is definitely not HD.

Am I missing something here? Its gotta be some kind of setting as this blurriness is happening with all resolutions.

Juntjoo

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Hey, i have the exact issue. I have samsung's latest LED series 6 tv 40" and an ATI radeon x550 and a dvi2hdmi cable and it can't handle, well, something can't handle what it's supposed to do @ any resolution. I get something but it obviously doesnt function right. So i have to fall back on my vga cable, which doea a nice job, but i can see how a better hdmi connection would make better use of the hardware i have. Anyway, please keep posted on your progress and i will too. Ill keep searching the net and perhaps contact ATI. I believe it's an ati issue. Ive read similar threads that suggest so....