prepaid questions, help a newbie?

Last response: in Network Providers
March 1, 2005 4:52:25 PM

I have an old Sony Ericson T306 that I used with At&t for a year. I
switched over to Verizon, got the phone unlocked by a hacker and now
I'm using it with Verizon. I need an untraceable cell number (my kids
and I are staying away from my abusive ex-husband) and I have found
from research that prepaid is the best bet for this.
The phones to use with prepaid service are so expensive!
Since my phone is unlocked already is it possible for me to use it with
a prepaid SIM that I buy somewhere else? If so, what do I need to look
out for with the SIM, i.e. that it's preactivated, unlocked :)  etc.?
I'm very confused, just starting to try to figure this stuff out.
Many, many thanks.

--
lucabrazzi
March 1, 2005 7:09:46 PM

You can go to any Walmart etc and get a TMOBILE TMO2GO Kit for about $70.
Here is a link to TMOBILEs PrePaid Site with Online Prices.
http://www.t-mobile.com/prepaid/starterkits.asp Yes, Prepaid is a great idea
for your situation becuase you really dont have to give any information, in
fact you can just as easily give bogus info and request an area code that
isn't even accrate. (Mobile to mobile and mobile to landline has no long
distance because it is included. Only issue would be people calling you),
and TMOBILE is announcing even lower rates effective Mar 7th.
They have a promotion online where you buy the NOKIA 3595 for $79.99 and
after reabates it is $39.99. On March 7th they will announce that the Gold
Rewards \level will be lowered to $100. and if you buy a $100 card you bget
Gold Rewards Status and 1 year validity period on all refills from that
point on. I know its a bit much I am throwing at you, so go to
www.howardforums.com and then go to the PrePaid Forum. Drop me a PM (Private
Message) my name there is wireless. Id be glad to help you, PrePaid is my
"specialty" LOL
Good Luck, it is a lousy position your in, but it gets better.

"lucabrazzi" <lucabrazzi.1l8dxy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> I have an old Sony Ericson T306 that I used with At&t for a year. I
> switched over to Verizon, got the phone unlocked by a hacker and now
> I'm using it with Verizon. I need an untraceable cell number (my kids
> and I are staying away from my abusive ex-husband) and I have found
> from research that prepaid is the best bet for this.
> The phones to use with prepaid service are so expensive!
> Since my phone is unlocked already is it possible for me to use it with
> a prepaid SIM that I buy somewhere else? If so, what do I need to look
> out for with the SIM, i.e. that it's preactivated, unlocked :)  etc.?
> I'm very confused, just starting to try to figure this stuff out.
> Many, many thanks.
>

> --
> lucabrazzi

March 2, 2005 2:21:08 AM

I'm not familiar with that phone, but if it ever worked on verizon, it never
had a SIM. The cheapest and easiest pre-paid phone is 7-Eleven's Speak-Out.
They have a $40 phone. It comes with number already assigned and charged
and ready to use. You don't need to call anybody to activate it, just use
it. It's not available everywhere, but most stores can order it for you.
If that's not availble, Wal-Mart offers a reasonable prepaid phone, Simple
Freedom, which uses the Alltel and verizon networks.

There are some good deals online, but they need an address to send them to,
and we're trying to avoid that, right?

Bill Radio
http://www.mountainwireless.com

"lucabrazzi" <lucabrazzi.1l8dxy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message
> I need an untraceable cell number (my kids
> and I are staying away from my abusive ex-husband) and I have found
> from research that prepaid is the best bet for this.
> The phones to use with prepaid service are so expensive!
> Since my phone is unlocked already is it possible for me to use it with
> a prepaid SIM that I buy somewhere else? If so, what do I need to look
> out for with the SIM, i.e. that it's preactivated, unlocked :)  etc.?
> I'm very confused, just starting to try to figure this stuff out.
March 2, 2005 3:40:19 AM

if you need a prepaid sim from t-mo search ebaY " t-mobile prepaid sim
card" i think it gonna cost you $15 but the sim is already activated
and the area code is from diff state. just give t-mo a ring and it
change to your local area code.

--
erwin 10-4
March 2, 2005 8:02:45 AM

Walmart sells the Nokia 3595 for only $45, no rebates. and it comes with
60min airtime. And as already mentioned, the lowest prepaid rates
begining march 7th.

--
haloace001
!