Booting Up Problem

I am not sure which section of XP this should go, but
hopefully someone can help in here.

When my computer re-starts the resolution is off and I
have to go into settings and change it. It appears to
boot up ok, but then the screen goes black and thats when
the resolution goes off. It also blinks and does that 2
more times.

Is this possibly some setting I need to fix. Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about booting problem

    Sharon, sounds like you are having problems with the graphics card or
    chip.
    "Sharon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am not sure which section of XP this should go, but
    > hopefully someone can help in here.
    >
    > When my computer re-starts the resolution is off and I
    > have to go into settings and change it. It appears to
    > boot up ok, but then the screen goes black and thats when
    > the resolution goes off. It also blinks and does that 2
    > more times.
    >
    > Is this possibly some setting I need to fix. Thanks

    Thanks for your reply. How do I check that?

    Sharon, if you can find out the make and model of your graphics card
    and motherboard I can help you.
    Go here and download this system inventory utility. www.belarc.com
    It's free and it will provide you
    with info on what you have in your computer.
    > Thanks for your reply. How do I check that?

    Thanks Rich, very informative site. Here is some of my
    info off of it. Hope it helps you to help me.

    Display:
    Standard floppy disk controller
    Intel(r) 82801AA Bus Master IDE Controller
    Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
    Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON
    8500DV [Display adapter]
    ViewSonic VX900-2 [Monitor] (19.1"vis, s/n A24031017218,
    March 2003)
    Bus Adapters

    Multimedia:
    ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
    ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
    ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
    Intel(r) 82801AA USB Universal Host Controller
    Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller ATI WDM
    Rage Theater Audio
    ATI WDM Rage Theater Video
    ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec
    ATI WDM Specialized PCD Codec