Booting Up Problem

July 31, 2004 11:20:43 PM

I am not sure which section of XP this should go, but
hopefully someone can help in here.

When my computer re-starts the resolution is off and I
have to go into settings and change it. It appears to
boot up ok, but then the screen goes black and thats when
the resolution goes off. It also blinks and does that 2
more times.

Is this possibly some setting I need to fix. Thanks

More about : booting problem

Anonymous
August 1, 2004 12:52:36 AM

Sharon, sounds like you are having problems with the graphics card or
chip.
"Sharon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am not sure which section of XP this should go, but
> hopefully someone can help in here.
>
> When my computer re-starts the resolution is off and I
> have to go into settings and change it. It appears to
> boot up ok, but then the screen goes black and thats when
> the resolution goes off. It also blinks and does that 2
> more times.
>
> Is this possibly some setting I need to fix. Thanks
August 1, 2004 9:12:16 AM

Thanks for your reply. How do I check that?

August 1, 2004 3:49:28 PM

Sharon, if you can find out the make and model of your graphics card
and motherboard I can help you.
Go here and download this system inventory utility. www.belarc.com
It's free and it will provide you
with info on what you have in your computer.
> Thanks for your reply. How do I check that?

August 3, 2004 12:36:13 AM

Thanks Rich, very informative site. Here is some of my
info off of it. Hope it helps you to help me.

Display:
Standard floppy disk controller
Intel(r) 82801AA Bus Master IDE Controller
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON
8500DV [Display adapter]
ViewSonic VX900-2 [Monitor] (19.1"vis, s/n A24031017218,
March 2003)
Bus Adapters

Multimedia:
ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller
Intel(r) 82801AA USB Universal Host Controller
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller ATI WDM
Rage Theater Audio
ATI WDM Rage Theater Video
ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec
ATI WDM Specialized PCD Codec