HDD dock (SATA 2.5)?

Mustkunstn1k

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
So the thing is that I have a lot of 1TB hard drives to storage all kinds of files. I don't have any room for all of them in my PC so I just storaged some files on my first HDD and took it out of the case. But I would still like to access it every now and then.

So it seems to me like the most obvious solution is to get one of those HDD docks. What would be one the best choice for one of those. I don't really care about price, I just want a good quality product where I can put my HDD in when I need to.

I'm not sure if I want USB 2.0 or 3.0 because currently I don't have a 3.0 mobo, but I will probably get one in the future and those are just so much faster.

I don't live in any of the popular countries so not every model might be available, but that's something that we can cross later.

Here's something that I was looking at myself: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1268&ID=1981

I have the thermaltake blacx single slot that utilizes both USB2 0 and ESata. It works very well. They make a dual sot version too, but it requres your motherbaord to support sata port multipliers to work.