Audio routing question

lok3sh

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys,

I was just thinking of something today and am wondering if its possible. So I have my computer with a 2.1 speaker setup, about 10 feet behind me, is my HDTV. So I have my computer hooked up to my TV and I watch movies on the HDTV. My TV has pretty weak speakers. I was wondering if I can somehow route front left, right and center channel through the HDMI to my TV and somehow route the back left and right to my computer speakers which are right behind me when I watch my movie. I know it won't be perfect and that the TV volume control would be seperate from my back speaker control, I still think it would be cool to have. I also want my sub to deal with the bass as my sub is pretty nice.

Is this at ALL possible? I know there's got to be a way... But somehow I have a feeling there's no program been written to handle something like this...

lok3sh

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011

I don't really want to spend any money plus I don't really have any space for a receiver or any other speakers. My room is like a tiny box.

So what if my HDMI cable sends sound to my TV like normal... No choosing channels etc everything is just normal there. But at the same time, I have the audio coming out of my computer speakers too. Is that possible?

U can play it by turning sound on HDTV off and plug your channel audio cables in to the soundcard and change it in sound manager.
soundsoundcard.jpg

lok3sh

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011

I think you might have misunderstood me... I am wondering if my computer speakers and my TV speakers can output the exact same audio at the same time. Because right now if I listen to music or watch a movie or whatever, the audio only works through my default device. If I want sound from my TV, I have to switch default audio device to SPDIF. If I want it from my computer speakers I have to set default device to my analogue speakers. Any way to have it play through both my TV and computer speakers simultaneously?

Well its my end of the rope : ) Maybe some reduction? ...Nah