NTuneR

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Hi, I need any 3.5in drive bays alternatives to floppy drive and media card readers.

I don't know if i can use a fan controller because my fans use the regular P4 power connectors and have LED lights. I'm not sure if a controller works well with LED's. I would need rockers switches I guess. Also have a acrylic door on the front of the computer, with virtually no clearance. So what ever I put in can't get in the way of the door.

Are there LCD displays for 3.5in bays? maybe a double 3.5in tall display?

Also I need to be able to have it shipped to Canada

You can see the case here, and assess the door situation.
http://www.seanpyke.org/files/images/computer%20mods/stock%20vs%20sean.jpg

I really want to get usages out of these bays. They seem such a waste empty.

uh_no

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
First, reread your first sentence and let us know if it makes any sense.

It took me till your last sentence to figure what you were asking.

Why don't you just put more hard drives in your 3.5 slots.....

you could also get an esata port....

NTuneR

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
I realize most people put card readers, floppy drives, and HD in theses bays. I have 1gb of storage and hardly need more storage. My printer has a card reader built in and I think floppy drives look terrible. I just want to find a good use for these bays.

I will probably look for a IR receiver, or a fan controller that has rocker switches, maybe a LCD screen.

Problem is i don't know where to buy this stuff online that will ship to canada. Newegg.ca and tigerdirect.com don't have anything I want. Where else can I find this stuff.

DeW itt right

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009

Those were the days! =)

If you do any laptop repair or plan on buying an SSD in the future you could get one of THESE. I use mine for both of the reasons listed above and I loved it so much I bough the 5.25" version too...

baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006

You mean 1TB of storage right? True 1TB is a large drive not having it backed-up with another 1TB drive would be foolish.

NTuneR

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
My bad! Yah I meant 1TB. I'm just so used to typing GB :pt1cable: . I run a 500GB and a 500GB for backup with ghost.

Thanks, "DeW itt right" that is a perfect suggestion. The SYBA CL-HD-MRDU25S Mobile Rack looks perfect. CRAP... "Deactivated Item". Where else could I get one? Stupid newegg.ca

Any other suggestions are also welcome people!

Thanks

NTuneR

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
I just had a cool idea. Are there tiny intake fans that you could mount in a 3.5in bay?

That's getting creative people! :eek: