Sims installation, lack of "free space"

Liz123

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
I KNOW no one has posted this because I've searched absolutely everywhere on the internet for hours. I have the sims original game and I lost my unleashed xpansion. so i borrowed it from a friend along with livin large, which i alredy know must be installed first. So I put it in my lap top and it goes to load then nothing happens. So I went start, computer then clicked the drive to run it. again, nothing happens, and underneath it it says 0 of 640 bytes and its on both unleashed and livin large. this makes no sense and this has never happened before. can someone PLEASE tell me what is happening and how to fix it to play the freakin game. Thanks! ps it also has a "write" on it and I can't get that off

Solution
So does the laptop already have unleashed installed or just the original base game?

What version of windows are you using? Can you try putting a different disc in there and see if it plays cd or dvd maybe if the laptop has a dvd drive.

The 0 of 640 bytes means that disc has data on it. The cd can hold upto 640 megabytes of data(i'm sure you mean megabytes) and the 0 means that there is no space left on the CD.

What you want to check is the "hard drive" which is usally labeled C:
Check how much space you have there.

Gamer-girl

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
So does the laptop already have unleashed installed or just the original base game?

What version of windows are you using? Can you try putting a different disc in there and see if it plays cd or dvd maybe if the laptop has a dvd drive.

The 0 of 640 bytes means that disc has data on it. The cd can hold upto 640 megabytes of data(i'm sure you mean megabytes) and the 0 means that there is no space left on the CD.

What you want to check is the "hard drive" which is usally labeled C:
Check how much space you have there.

Solution