and now i get the following:
cpu cooling fan running
hdd heard to be running
cd/dvd devices operational
no picture on screen

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

Try going through this check list step by step, skipping those that are obviously for new builds.

Sounds like what would happen if you had an add-on video card installed, and then the disassembly/reassembly caused it to default back to the onboard video. Of course, that's just a shot in the dark unless we know the specs of your machine and exactly what you did in the process of taking it apart and rebuilding it.

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
If you mixed up the cables going to the harddrive (s) or CD/DVD this will also cause the results you describe. Windows will not boot if these cables are not put back in the exact same order.

itskronix

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010

ITS HARD I DO NOT HAVE A CLUE HOW TO PUT IN THE RIGHT PLACE
UNLESS I HAVE PICTURE

Well, these kinda mistakes provide a sound education....next time thru:

1. Take a picture....or

2. Use masking tape at cable ends and plugs to code what goes where.

Unfortunately we can't see your PC and know what you had where.

Did you plug in the power cable to your GFX card ?

Did you connect power and signal cable to monitor ?

Seeing as you don't have a picture, I'm assuming that this is a prefabricated system that did not come with a motherboard manual. That being said, there are two ways to connect your drives: IDE or SATA.

SATA is the narrow cable with and "L" shape pattern on either side. If your HDD is connected via SATA, start with reinstalling the cable into SATA 1, followed by SATA 2, and so forth, until you've tried all SATA slots. If the cable doesn't install, flip it and try again.

IDE is a wide, ribbon-like cable that has an elevated section in the middle of the connecting ends. If your HDD connectes using IDE, the easiest way to figure out which of the IDE slots it plugs into is just as simple. Carefully remove all IDE connections to the motherboard. Notice the length of the connecting end, match the elevated section with the void in the IDE slot on the motherboard. Trust me, this is easier than it sounds. Like SATA, IDE can only be installed one way, just be mindful of the pins, as they are easy to bend.

Speaking of pins, if your HDD is an IDE interface, inspect the pins on both the HDD and the mobo.

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Here is a picture of your MoBo

Itskronix.jpg

IDE cable

ItskronicIDE.jpg

On the right hand side (in red box) you will see to 2 connections 1 blue and 1 black these are your IDE connections (your MoBo does not have SATA connections) Just swap your cables and see if it boots.
If it still does not boot you need to swap the cables at the other end (CD and DVD players) or if you have more than 1 harddrive swap the cable one to the other.
Hope I explained that good enough for you. Let me know how it turns out.