Sign in with
Your question

Better cooling through better fan placement and cable management?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 8, 2011 9:25:02 PM

So I just finished my new build. I'm looking to improve my temps (they aren't bad, but better is always better) and I''d like some tips as to how I could improve my cable management and fan placement.

This is a Rosewill Blackhawk, i5-2500k, ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, and an XFX 5770.

Ignore the hard drive orientation fail, I fixed it :D 

I'm planning to get more fans if the will help. Also, there are to fans on the bottom of the front panel that you may not be able to see.
a b K Overclocking
November 8, 2011 10:06:48 PM

Not all that bad on the interior of the case. As for the backside you don't really need to clean that up because the cables aren't in the way of anything. If you really want to get the HDD's out of the fan path you can use these adaptors and put them in the 5.25 bays. But if you can't remove the lower 3.5 cage that would be pointless.
According to what I looked at your case already comes with 5 fans. What do you want to do, refrigerate it???
m
l
November 8, 2011 10:10:35 PM

DelroyMonjo said:
According to what I looked at your case already comes with 5 fans. What do you want to do, refrigerate it???

I wouldn't go that far!

Prime95 for about 2 hours I get temps around 54c. I've seen some people get around 46-49 with a Hyper 212+. I'm planning on doing some heavy overclocking on my limited budget (hence no liquid cooling) and I'm trying to find the easiest way to go about reducing my temps for the moment.
m
l
!