HDD NOT detected with SSD!? Help!

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • SSD
  • SATA
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
June 24, 2011 7:07:27 PM

I'm stumped, I have an Intel X25-M SSD drive in my machine and WD Raptor HDD, both are SATA connections.

For some reason if I have both connected, the HDD is not detected in the pre-op check. If I unplug the SSD the HDD is detected but its not bootable since the OS is on the SSD.

I've tried several new SATA cables, and different SATA connections. The manual reads all SATA connections are the same so I don't think that should matter anyway.

Any ideas?

I'm running a EVGA 790i Ultra SLI Mobo, updated BIOS, fireware is updated on the SSD as of today. I've been searching and searching for a solution but all I can find is issues with the SSD not being detected not the HDD.

More about : hdd detected ssd

a c 104 G Storage
June 24, 2011 7:50:44 PM

Hello, Welcome to Tom's Hardware,

Please give us as much info as you have on your computer system, make, model #, MB and Rev., if the X25 is SATA II or III, the model # and size of the WD Raptor, if it is SATA II or III. Also how the data was previously loaded onto the SSD and WD drive. Then list which SATA connector ports each of these drives is connected to.

With both connected, go to Disk Management and in the bottom graphical section, see if both drives are shown there. The Drive Status should read Disk 0 and Disk 1 etc, and under the colored band, probably dark blue, there should be Volume Status info. Report back what all that says.

Then someone will be able to help you get both your drives recognized and with the proper attitude.
m
l
!