Closed

Give me the best graphic card compatible with dg31pr

hi
can anyone tell me which graphic card is best suited for my motherboard DG31PR which can plays almost all games and it must be a 3 shader graphic card my budjet is Rs4000.
9 answers Last reply
More about give graphic card compatible dg31pr
  1. What power supply and monitor resolution are you using as those determined the GPU more than the board. You have a PCI-E 16x slot so you can use most cards out there, but without knowing more its hard to recommend one. Also what site would you be getting it from, i know the price difference is more than the conversion rate.
  2. Any PCI-E card (almost all cards out there.) If prices in India are similar to those in Europe and the US you can get a HD 4670 or a 9600GT.
  3. Gulli said:
    Any PCI-E card (almost all cards out there.) If prices in India are similar to those in Europe and the US you can get a HD 4670 or a 9600GT.

thanks
    my motherboard has pci-e(v 1.0) can it supports entry level graphic cards
  4. hemanthkumarpotnuri said:
    thanks
    my motherboard has pci-e(v 1.0) can it supports entry level graphic cards

Yes, any PCI-E 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0 card will work.
  5. Gulli nailed it, the 2 cards he recommended would be a good choice and hopefully in your budget.
  6. hunter315 said:
    What power supply and monitor resolution are you using as those determined the GPU more than the board. You have a PCI-E 16x slot so you can use most cards out there, but without knowing more its hard to recommend one. Also what site would you be getting it from, i know the price difference is more than the conversion rate.

thanks
    i'm using mercury 400w psu and my pci-e is v 1.0 slot can it support all entry level graphic cards in my budget.
  7. Then definitely get the 4670 or 4650 over the 9600GT, it will require much less power than the 9600GT, a low power 9600GT has the same 59W TDP as a 4670.
  8. Yes it can, or at least the 9600GT and the HD4670. Also could include the HD4770 and most likely the 9800GT
  9. dirtmountain said:
    Yes it can, or at least the 9600GT and the HD4670. Also could include the HD4770 and most likely the 9800GT

That mercury PSU probably doesn't have a PCI-E power connector and a rather weak 12V rails. so stick with a low power 9600GT version (often called "green") or a HD 4670, they're actually pretty decent gaming cards for a 1440x900 or 1280x1024 monitor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Compatibility Motherboards Graphics Product