Pci express x16 grahpics cards for hp p6130f

flashconnor

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
ok im 13, so stay with me here. i just bought a p6130f with my limited budget. i would like to get another video card for better gaming. i was researching on these forums and found that pci express x16 2.0 is back comaptible with 1.0? if so i need a passive(fanless) video card that will work with my computer (p6130f if u forgot). im leaning towards a nvidia card so any options would be great!

Thanks!

Solution
I would not go for the 4550.. And the rams of the Grapicscard does not do very much i mean like a 4550 1gb is muuuch slower then a 4850 512mb, its more about Core clock, memery clock and the Stream processors in the grapiccard.

here is a link the the Charts if u havnt seen them before helps alot to see the performence betwin the grapiccard you press one of the game that are there. see how many FPS (Frame per second) are in diffrent :) hope it helps you abit chooseing a new Grapiccard.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-cards-charts-2009-high-quality/benchmarks,64.html

ranij93

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Could you tell me what PSU ( Power supply) you are runnng. because offen companys that makes computer put a very lowend power supply, how much Watts it got, if it has got below 450w i would recomend you a new power supply too. sorry for my bad english :/ and what price you are going for thanks

flashconnor

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009

i am not sure at this moment but i believe it is 300W... i will re check in a few hours when i have the information availble to me....

no problem of english

ty ranji93

and how would i upgrade my power supply if i needed to?

mewtwo064

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
300 Watt power supply, You must be using integrated video at the moment then? In any case, if you're going to put in a dedicated video card you will definitely want to upgrade the power supply to at least 500 watts (at least up into the GeForce 8 series, for 9 and above I am not sure, but I think the watt requirements are higher). 500 watt power supply will probably go for around $50. You will have to look around though, different places charge more or less.

To change it out, just simply remove the old one, disconnect all the connectors from the motherboard/other hardware and put in the new one; reconnect the connectors where the old one was. Just watch out for the 4 pin connector that hooks into your motherboard near the CPU (if the old one had it), you will need this or the CPU won't get power. Just keep a careful eye out and make notes of where the old connections are before you unplug them :)

ranij93

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I would not go for the 4550.. And the rams of the Grapicscard does not do very much i mean like a 4550 1gb is muuuch slower then a 4850 512mb, its more about Core clock, memery clock and the Stream processors in the grapiccard.

here is a link the the Charts if u havnt seen them before helps alot to see the performence betwin the grapiccard you press one of the game that are there. see how many FPS (Frame per second) are in diffrent :) hope it helps you abit chooseing a new Grapiccard.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-cards-charts-2009-high-quality/benchmarks,64.html

Solution