Sign in with
Your question

Help With boot problems with Gigabyte K8n Pro board

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
September 1, 2009 2:18:18 AM

I just got a new video card and power supply. I am having trouble getting the machine to boot. It gets to memory loading part of boot process and stops, then restarts.

1 650 watt power supply, 1 9600gt video Gigabyte K8N-Pro, 3gb ram. I have 20 pin connected and the separate 4 pin plugged in.
6 pin is plugged into video
Using 2 Hard Drives and they are connected. 1 DVD-R and is connected and powered. I have reset the board by removing battery and replacing. What do i do next?
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
September 1, 2009 1:54:36 PM

Did you have particular settings in place in the BIOS for your memory? I'm thinking about RAM voltage or timing settings. If you did, the BIOS Reset procedure will have wiped them out, and you'll need to re-adjust them. By the way, a BIOS Reset also means you must use the BIOS' menu choice to Restore Default Settings - either the "Optimal" settings, or the more conservative stable settings. THEN you go in and customize - things like changing RAM parameters, or specifying that video is done by the new video card instead of on-board. Ah, and note that some of these BIOS's have different choices for the video card to boot with - in the regular PCI bus, or in the PCIe x16 slot.
!