Horrible framerate in windows 7, fine in XP

crogers2287

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Hello all,

I'm currently running Windows 7, 64 bit, 6gb ram, AMD Phenom 9500, Asus m3n78-pro motherboard, with a Radeon 3850 HD, all drivers are current and up to date, when i try to play a game, such as WoW, im getting horrible framerates, like 10-15 fps on the lowest settings. I'm also running a triple monitor setup. I tried a new video card, went with an Nvidia GTX 260 superclocked, there was little to no improvement, decided i would switch back to XP the game ran flawlessly 80+ fps in highly populated areas on relatively high settings, and this was back on the ATI card. I then figured there had to be some sort of reasonable solution and went back to Win7 and have tried everything i can possibly think of to no avail, anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

crogers2287

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
I cant say that I've tried 32 bit Win7 but the XP was 64 bit, as for drivers, i dont think thats the issue, i even tried installing the vista 64 bit drivers and they installed with no problems or conflict, this problem has me stumped. anyother ideas?