Odd web issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Fresh install of 7 ulti 64 as of 4 hours ago. full optimizations have been done. using the latest version of firefox with its web cache of 50mb put on a ram drive. some times when i go to a website it will load all the test with no formatting or images. so everything is to the left side of the page and in a jumbled mess like you see on a phone with no real web browser. if i hit F5 it will then load the page normally instantly. also from time to time it will say it cant find the page, then a F5 will bring it right up. i know its not a network issue as all my other programs are staying connected. also Firefox has been locking up on me, ill have only 10 or 13 tabs open and go to click something or close a tab and the whole browser locks for up to 30 seconds then it pops back. nothing else on the system freezes.

ideas?

Solution

Well, it is great to eliminate some annoying garbage. But too much of it is counter-productive.

Sample I posted is with Ad blocked and add enabled. I block what I want manually.

No delays. Using Chrome, but FF works the same.

20111002191636.gif
20111002191003ads.gif
some times when i go to a website it will load all the test with no formatting or images. so everything is to the left side of the page and in a jumbled mess like you see on a phone with no real web browse

Tomshardware used to do this to me all of the time, but it has been alright now for the past few months. This could be a problem with the web site you are visiting rather than the browser.

The first thing to do would be to run a memory test overnight such as memtest86 to eliminate faulty memory as being the cause of the problem. If the memory test passes then I suspect that you may be having extremely high error rate on your internet connection.

It happens a lot when Addblock's are used and internet is slowing down or when to many add-ons are installed and bunch of them is checking for updates or mail or doing something.

Also toolbars can sucker bandwidth with them by checking for updates or mail or doing something too..

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
well this is my first day ever using add block plus, i heard its very good but if its going to be slow like this than id prefer to just get the adds... waiting 2 or 3 seconds for every web page to load is bloody annoying

Well, it is great to eliminate some annoying garbage. But too much of it is counter-productive.

Sample I posted is with Ad blocked and add enabled. I block what I want manually.

No delays. Using Chrome, but FF works the same.

20111002191636.gif
20111002191003ads.gif

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.