Will my cpu cooler fit?

CHasouros

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Just wondering if a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo will fit in an ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 with 8gb corsair vengeance ram in a CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer.
Thanks

Solution
My Gigabyte board is one of those. It wouldn't power up until I moved the ram back to slot 1. Thankfully I bought short sticks so no worries.

I've been telling people that if the fan does hit the memory, just slide the fan up some. The 212+ (and assuming the evo as well here.) doesn't clip the fan into place as much as slide. You can adjust the height as needed.

Hobo82

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
It will fit inside the case for sure and it won't hit any heat sinks on the board. Only concern would be the memory because it has rather tall heat sinks and I can't seem to find the dimensions anywhere. The hyper 212 has a stand-off (from the top of the cpu) of 39mm. That's not very much, but it might not reach far enough to the right side to even make memory height an issue. 80mm heat sink dimensions, plus 25mm for the fan that goes one it and you're looking at 65mm off the center line of the cpu. Don't think it'll reach the memory to be honest.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
You're fine. Just be careful about the fan setup - the push fan on the cooler may be a little thick and hit the RAM chip closest to the cooler. Placing the chips in the furthest slots will solve this though, so go ahead and enjoy. You're fine.

CHasouros

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

Thanks for the detailed answer. I just found out that I can move the Ram to slots 2 and 4 so it should be all good for the RAM. That good that it fits in the motherboard. Am I able to to add a 2nd fan later on if need be?

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

Yes. The 212 comes with the correct brackets to fit another 120mm fan on the rear side of the cooler. The stock fan is already connected to the front of the cooler, fitted to blow air into the cooler. The other one will extract hot air quicker for a push-pull configuration, meaning an overall temperature drop on the CPU. Works well, it's how mine's connected.

Hobo82

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Thanks for the detailed answer. I just found out that I can move the Ram to slots 2 and 4 so it should be all good for the RAM. That good that it fits in the motherboard.

be careful with moving ram to different slots. some mother boards require you to use your dual channel ram in certain slots first ensure it's actually in dual channel mode. read your mobo's manual to make sure

Am I able to to add a 2nd fan later on if need be?
Yes. You can buy a 120mm fan to make it push/pull, but i'm not sure how it mounts to the heat sink

4745454b

Titan
My Gigabyte board is one of those. It wouldn't power up until I moved the ram back to slot 1. Thankfully I bought short sticks so no worries.

I've been telling people that if the fan does hit the memory, just slide the fan up some. The 212+ (and assuming the evo as well here.) doesn't clip the fan into place as much as slide. You can adjust the height as needed.

Solution

CHasouros

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

If worse comes to worse I'll refund the RAM for something else. What would you recommend for an i5-2500k?