birmanbluepoint13

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Hello,

Well it finally happened to me. I have a 2tb wd external that was looked at and the conclusion is advance data recovery. from 800 to 3000. I am on SSD and have terminal cancer, does anyone know were I can send it that is very inexpensive.

thanks

Wamphryi

Distinguished
That kind of intervention is always expensive. It involves opening the HDD in a vacuum sealed chamber so that no dust or other contaminants can come in contact with the exposed platters. It is quite an advanced field with very specialized equipment. This of course leads to high costs. There may be others out there who will claim they will get the job done for less but then you risk ending paying for nothing when the data is not recovered. Sorry Dude.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi there,

Do you have the drive or is it out at a Data Recovery Company?
Might tell us exactly what happened to the drive, how it was recognized by the OS, and what you did to try to recover the data.

That could give us a better idea if there are things worth trying with a data recovery program at home.
Also was the data backup'd on a separate drive, or is this the only copy of the data.