The computer has 147,456 processors

A computer with the power of a human brain is not yet near. But this week researchers from IBM Corp. are reporting that they've simulated a cat's cerebral cortex, the thinking part of the brain, using a massive supercomputer. The computer has 147,456 processors (most modern PCs have just one or two processors) and 144 terabytes of main memory — 100,000 times as much as your computer has.

My C2Q is lacking some important 'cognitive functions' according to these specs. I think this unit has USB 3.0 too. :lol:

Jim Olds, a neuroscientist and director of the Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study at George Mason University, called the new research a "tremendous step." Olds, who was not involved in IBM's work, said neuroscientists have been amassing data about how the brain works much like "stamp collectors," without a way to tie it together.

Jim plans to replace the aging crew of Philatelists used as researchers over at the university with massive supercomputers. Until sufficient funds are raised, a couple of new Mac Books will be installed immediately. :sol:

I uploaded a scan of Pam Anderson's brain into my C2Q. The dual channel memory controller expanded into two giant masses out to the side panel and nearly exploded. My 8Gigs of system memory was enough to hold her huge brain, but I need more system RAM to do further testing on her double bubbles.

Looks like In the future, when our computer systems do ALL of our thinking for us, we will no longer be needed for human existence to exist. :)

Poor cat. I would like to take the guy who did that and bury him up to his neck in a hole, then get a run and skid my bike tire over his head a couple of dozen times. IBM has disclosed when the cat brain app is loaded and fully functional, there is a malfunction with USB 3.0. The system chucks a dead mouse out the port every few minutes. Jim Olds is searching for a solution by way of inquiry with full time faculty philatelists.

Edit for Writer's embellishment.

After reading the article, my theory of future computer systems using system RAM to employ a superhuman cognitive ability of information processing much like your local news anchors do holds true. I highly recommend 8-12GBs system memory, screw four. At least 8-12 until your computer has developed enough to do all of your thinking for you.

Why would they use a cat's brain and not a human's? Cat's are better understood over at the institute?

Because someone made the paralell between Women and Cats, and this is step 1 in the creation of the FEMBOTS!! :ouch:

Geeks.... So predictable... :na: