What's the EVGA equivalent for ATI manufacturers?

Suzaku

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
I mostly purchased Nvidia products stretching all the way back to Voodoo3 3000 (technically 3Dfx is part of Nvidia as they have been purchased by them). However now that they have stated they will no longer be focusing on PC gaming I will no longer be supporting them. So I was wondering if there are any company manufacturing ATI gpu that are the equivalent of EVGA for Nvidia gpu?

EVGA has wonderful customer support, have high clock speeds, and last but not least they offer a setup program.

Suzaku

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007

Here

Are PC games no longer the driving force behind graphics cards? That's the indication Nvidia made Wednesday at the Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference, saying that the upcoming DirectX 11 application programming interface (API) will not be what drives future sales. Instead, Nvidia said the graphics market will pocket wads of cash from general purpose computing on graphics processing units (GPGPU). Tools for GPGPU and software taking advantage of the technology will also propel sales, not DirectX 11-driven PC games.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
The best manufacturer of any card out there is XFX when it comes to customer service and warranty. When it comes to highly overclocked and modified versions of cards Asus, HIS, and Sapphire tend to be the best, XFX uses only reference cooling.

4745454b

Titan
And no AMD manufacturer has a setup program. In short, there is no single company to look for. Asus probably has the highest speeds I've seen in their "top" cards. HiS has the best coolers. Sapphire sells the most cards, and is very cheap. I'd still double check all the Sapphire specs as they've done things they shouldn't have in the past. The most famous is selling the 9800pro with a 128bit memory bus. Asus/XFX have the better warranties from what I've heard. Up to you to decide which you want.

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Sapphire for good cards but limited support

XFX for both

I wouldn't take this too seriously, this is just some bs they threw out to make their current cards look competitive with the new DX11 ATI cards coming out since Nvidia's DX11 cards are probably going to be delayed.

rockyjohn

Distinguished
That quote does not say that nVidia "will no longer be focusing on PC gaming" as you stated - but that it will not be what drives future sales. Huge difference. And certainly no reason to ignore or give up on nVidia cards.

GIGO