Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Uninstall windows 8

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
December 29, 2012 7:32:54 AM

I had to buy a new PC for my shop as the other one crashed, unfortunately it had Windows 8 preinstalled and now none of my retail software and accounting software and drivers are compatible so I raced out and bought Windows 7 but can't install that without deleting Windows 8 which I have found to be impossible. Can anyone help me I am at my wits end!

More about : uninstall windows

a b * Windows 8
December 29, 2012 7:51:58 AM

put the disk in the drive, select boot from DVD at startup, and when it asks delete the windows 8 partition. Then continue with the install
m
0
l
December 29, 2012 7:59:21 AM

Have you tried running the software in compatibility mode? There's nothing different between Windows 8 and 7 in software running capability apart from some installers freak out when they read Windows version being 6.2 (Windows 8) instead of 6.1 (Windows 7).
m
0
l
Related resources
January 3, 2013 12:24:27 AM

kezlee71 said:
I had to buy a new PC for my shop as the other one crashed, unfortunately it had Windows 8 preinstalled and now none of my retail software and accounting software and drivers are compatible so I raced out and bought Windows 7 but can't install that without deleting Windows 8 which I have found to be impossible. Can anyone help me I am at my wits end!

The trouble is Windows 8 is not an Upgrade of Windows 7. It is a completeky different Aps based OS and unless you are an IT pro it is a complete nightmare to get rid of. I think Microsoft should be taken to the cleaners for calling it an upgrade. My new laptop starts up as soon as you open the lid even though I have disabled this option. There is only a pretend desktop which you cannot make as a default startup. In all the OS is meant for the touch screen tablet market and fails miserably for the ordinary PC/Laptop user.
m
0
l
January 10, 2013 12:44:13 AM

unksol said:
put the disk in the drive, select boot from DVD at startup, and when it asks delete the windows 8 partition. Then continue with the install


I tried all that and then spent 3 hours on the phone to Microsoft over numerous days as wel as HP, and neither of them could do it either from the disk or downloading a special one from their website. Microsoft said they can't find an answer as to why Windows 7 won't install and believe me we went through every senario. They said Windows 8 cannot be uninstalled. It was the driver that my MYOB accounting package that would not install therefore I couldn't work my thermal receipt printer in my retail shop and MYOB haven't created the updated version as it is an older printer and as it works I was not going to buy another one.

PS You don't get the option with Windows 8 to format disk or delete windows 8 partition on preinstalled HP computers.

I ended up returning the computer and searching for one with Windows 7 on and now is all good but allot of wasted time.

I don't think that Windows 8 is suitable for retai shops at all it is really for touch screen operators and even takes longer to shutdown having to go to top right corner then settings then shutdown - crazy!
m
0
l
January 20, 2013 7:29:51 PM

kezlee71 said:
I tried all that and then spent 3 hours on the phone to Microsoft over numerous days as wel as HP, and neither of them could do it either from the disk or downloading a special one from their website. Microsoft said they can't find an answer as to why Windows 7 won't install and believe me we went through every senario. They said Windows 8 cannot be uninstalled. It was the driver that my MYOB accounting package that would not install therefore I couldn't work my thermal receipt printer in my retail shop and MYOB haven't created the updated version as it is an older printer and as it works I was not going to buy another one.

PS You don't get the option with Windows 8 to format disk or delete windows 8 partition on preinstalled HP computers.

I ended up returning the computer and searching for one with Windows 7 on and now is all good but allot of wasted time.

I don't think that Windows 8 is suitable for retai shops at all it is really for touch screen operators and even takes longer to shutdown having to go to top right corner then settings then shutdown - crazy!


How to uninstall windows 8. First go online and download and install Free EaseUS® Partition Master 9.2.1 Home Edition it's free for home users. Run the program and delete the partition it will reboot for this. Then enter setup at restart and disable secure boot then change from UEFI to CRM. Install windows 7 from setup disc.

If you don't delete the partition it will not install windows 7 because it will still have a GPT partition.
m
0
l
January 20, 2013 10:08:58 PM

robinharris said:
How to uninstall windows 8. First go online and download and install Free EaseUS® Partition Master 9.2.1 Home Edition it's free for home users. Run the program and delete the partition it will reboot for this. Then enter setup at restart and disable secure boot then change from UEFI to CRM. Install windows 7 from setup disc.

If you don't delete the partition it will not install windows 7 because it will still have a GPT partition.


I tried that but HP must have something else blocking it as it still didnt uninstall. Thanks anyway.
m
0
l
!