corrupt or mising configsystem file

I'm following the instructions in Part 1 of article
#307545, and in step 5, have copied bak files of sam,
security and default from system32\config to
windows\tmp. However, system and software won't copy. Do
I really need to save them, or can I just continue on with
the next part of step 5? Or does this mean I have an even
more serious problem?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about corrupt mising configsystem file

    Nancy, all you need to accomplish is to delete the five files from the
    Config Folder. Then go to the Repair
    Folder and copy the five files and then go back to Config and paste.
    That's it.
    "Nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm following the instructions in Part 1 of article
    > #307545, and in step 5, have copied bak files of sam,
    > security and default from system32\config to
    > windows\tmp. However, system and software won't copy. Do
    > I really need to save them, or can I just continue on with
    > the next part of step 5? Or does this mean I have an even
    > more serious problem?
    >
    > Thanks.

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP