corrupt or mising configsystem file

Nancy

I'm following the instructions in Part 1 of article
#307545, and in step 5, have copied bak files of sam,
security and default from system32\config to
windows\tmp. However, system and software won't copy. Do
I really need to save them, or can I just continue on with
the next part of step 5? Or does this mean I have an even
more serious problem?

Thanks.

Nancy, all you need to accomplish is to delete the five files from the
Config Folder. Then go to the Repair
Folder and copy the five files and then go back to Config and paste.
That's it.