This is my setup: Res/pump > 200mm rad > GPU > 240mm rad > CPU

Both radiators are in push/pull config.

GPU temps:
Idle: 21c (+/-1)
Load: 55c

CPU temps:
Idle: mid-high 20s
Load: low 50s

Those are running stress tests (but not at the same time). When I'm gaming (which is what I mostly do) the temps are lower.

The thing that I'm wondering about is my idle GPU temps. Not that I'm complaining or anything but they seem quite low considering my room temp is 21-22c. Is it simply because it uses so little power or is there a false reading or maybe faulty card? The load temps seem to be accurate and games run really well so I don't think its a faulty card (although it does make a buzzing noise when under load)

What startles me further is that after googling gtx560 Ti temps, a lot of people were complaining about the temps being too high for idle (in the 30s to 40s).

Solution
Hi aleckazee,

Your temps are great. With two radiators, and idle clock speeds and voltages, it is perfectly plausible that your idle temps would be about ambient.

If you were way below ambient, it might be suspicious, but a degree or two isn't anything to worry about. Your load temps seem accurate, so I think you are fine

When people complained about idle temps, were they also watercooling?

blade061188

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hi aleckazee,

Your temps are great. With two radiators, and idle clock speeds and voltages, it is perfectly plausible that your idle temps would be about ambient.

If you were way below ambient, it might be suspicious, but a degree or two isn't anything to worry about. Your load temps seem accurate, so I think you are fine

When people complained about idle temps, were they also watercooling?

Solution

Aleckazee

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

No that was with stock cooling, but I still didn't think my temps would be so low but it does make sense