Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp wizard download

Last response: in Windows XP
February 8, 2012 8:15:16 AM

Have just been on holiday and came back to down load my pictures AND my picture wizard has completely disappeared. No one has used my computer whilst I was away Can any one help me ??
February 8, 2012 4:00:27 PM

By "disappeared" you mean it's not working, or the PC can't see the camera anymore? Need some details here. You plug in the camera to the PC, and what happens? And what used to happen? You can kick things off manually, just double-click on the camera icon in Control Panel, Scanners and Cameras.
February 15, 2012 9:11:07 AM

hang-the-9 said:
By "disappeared" you mean it's not working, or the PC can't see the camera anymore? Need some details here. You plug in the camera to the PC, and what happens? And what used to happen? You can kick things off manually, just double-click on the camera icon in Control Panel, Scanners and Cameras.

Thank you for your reply sorry I was a little vague !! I am not the only one with this problem as I have been looking on the web ? Here is an extract from another chap who has the same problem.

I cannot load my photos from my camera to the Photo Wizard I normally used a USB wire from my camera into the front on my computer ( I always just used to pop in my SD card from my camera)and the wizard used to come up asking what I would like to do? I liked working with the wizard as it ws very user friendly ( I can confirm that!!!) The system was called Window Picture Acquisition Wizard I looked in "My Computer" but there is no catagory listed called Printers and other Hardware to go into ???? What's going on here ??
Well I have the same problem I use XP and have never had a problem before WHO HAS PINCHED MY WIZARD?? This man is not the only one with the problem. Many thanks and hope this helps you to solve my problem.
February 15, 2012 1:21:59 PM

You won't find this in My Computer, will be in Device Manager.

My Computer will show you a drive letter that would be assigned to the camera storage. If it sees it. Your cable or camera connection could be bad. If your PC does not detect the camera, try using just the card reader way again. And try the camera on another PC to see where the issue may be.
!