Processor

G

hi there,
friends i need some help,i hav intel dual core e2200 2.20 giga hz with 1mb cache,i want to buy a second hand dual core processor with 3mb cache,is it possible????????????
i hav seen that dell's brand cpu's r coming with upto 4mb cache,then y dont i sell my dual core processor only and buy a second hand dual core processor with upto 3 or 4 mb cache.just tell me is it possible,
and
i want to play gta 4,i hav dual core 2.2 1mb cache,4gb ram,xfx 9500gt igb,can i play this game easily?????????

loneninja

Distinguished
Most of what you said makes no sense due to the grammer, but whether your able to replace your cpu or not depends on your exact computer model and what motherboard it has. As to your question about GTA IV, it'll be very laggy even on low detail settings, the game is almost impossible to get running smooth on a dual core processor and it requires a ton of graphics power as well.

Without a quad you will be hard pressed to get decent frame rates in GTA IV.

In order to know if you can upgrade your CPU we need to know 3 things, the model of computer you have, the model number of your current CPU, and the model number of the processor you want to upgrade to. They will probably be Exxxx since they are dual cores.

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
In order to run GTA4 on PC you need Minimum

a 2.5Ghz Core2Duo or a AthlonX2-6000 with an 8800GT-512MB

Recommended Core2 8400 or better with an 8800GTX768MB
GTA4 eats Videocard memory.

Now to help you with your question, What Dell Model do you own ?