Dynamat for sound deadening pc?

G

Hello all. I have the haf922 case right now and I just ordered 2 scythe ultrakaze 120mm fans in which I hear is notorius for noise. I was wondering if I should use some dynamat on my computer case to reduce some noise? I have about 50 square feet left over so I figured I might as well use it on something lol. I do realize that the fan produces mainly wind resistance noise that is not associated with rattling too often, so would it be worth my time to sound proof the case? I was thinking it could reduce other potenial noises. I would also like to know if doing so will affect the internal temperature of the case, and if so, then by how much? Thanks all

The noise that the fans generate is caused by the bearings, and the fan blades interacting with the air so dynamat wont really have an effect on the noise. With all the grating and holes in the case even dynamatting all of the panels wouldnt make a ton of difference, it would only really affect it if your noise is generated like my Antec 300 does, the top panel rattles around, a bit of dynamat to boost the weight of the panel and the noise is fixed, but whooshing noises cant really be fixed.

G

Hmm u know what I'm going to mat it out and post some pictures. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress and results.
Going to use fatmat which is a generic dynamat. Worked great in my brother's Toyota supra so let's see how it turns out in a pc case.

Lost of parts:
asus crosshair III
reused seagate 500gb hdd
reused cd/DVD-rw lightscribe from an hp
corsair 850tx psu
amd x4 955be
zalman 120mm copper CPU heatsink
ocz ddr3 4gb black edition
scythe 120mm ultrakaze x2
140mm fan forgot the name
cm haf922 case