Ga-p55-ud4p & win7-64bitpro USB Controller does not have a driver

divpers

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002
I get this in the Troubleshooter under Devices.

I've gone to the Gigabyte site and install every update for this motherboard, to no avail. Im not sure what to do...

It says Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller does not have a driver - and has the little red X in the Troubleshooter results. No driver found.

In the Device Manager it is listed under Other Devices.

Any ideas?

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Is it the USB controller itself or something you have plugged into the USB drive? Please list all components that you have plugged into a USB slot. Also, include a screenshot of Device Manager and the error. Finally, what BIOS version are you on? Gigabyte fixed some USB issues in the latest BIOS updates. You may want to install the latest.

divpers

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002
Hello, thank you:

System is GA-p55-ud4p rev.1 | i7 860 | 4gb g.skill eco memory | xfx 5700 series gpu | 4 HD's (WD aaks & SG 7200.11) | scythe cpu cooler | seasonic x750 gold PSU

In USB slots there are: Logitech Pro 9000 Camera (with software) | Xbox360 Wireless Controller (AUTO INSTALLED) | Logitech MX 3200 mouse & keyboard controller (with software)

--> Now that you mention it - it suggests I should try to find newer versions of the logitech software - it might not matter but if I recall they were big files and I haven't installed their software since Win7 came out.

devicemanager.jpg

usbcontroller.jpg

BIOS:

I downloaded the @BIOS utility from GB and it lists my bios as f4 out of f1-f7.

I attempted to update it (turning off hyperthreading in the bios and turning off ZoneAlarm & Spybot-TeaTimer) and got errors from the autoupdate and trying to load from a thumb drive.

autoupdatebiosfailure.jpg

filebiosfailure.jpg

divpers

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002
The mouse/keyboard drivers were up to date, and the webcam driver was out of date. I updated it and restarted the PC - yet still have the same error.

It is possibly the BIOS then but until I get it flashed I won't be sure.

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
^ +1 to bilbat's advice. Don't use the @BIOS software.

Use the QFLASH utility available at start-up or from within BIOS when you enter BIOS during start-up. Read through the link bilbat provided. It's slightly easier then what they suggest. The USB stick doesn't have to be bootable. Just download the latest BIOS file, double-click it to run (it's self extracting) and put the extracted/unpacked files on your USB stick. Then follow the instruction for re-booting, getting into QFlash and finding the file on your USB stick.