Sign in with
Your question

Scanner not working

Last response: in Windows XP
February 8, 2012 9:52:54 AM

HP Photosmart 3110 All-in-One which I've had since 2006 purchased in N.Z.
Yesterday everything worked. Today, the Scanner will not scan documents or photographs. No overnight downloads, no additional software installation since I scanned the last document yesterday afternoon.

Did a complete reinstall of the software from HP web site. Went through it all, clicked when asked to, switched off when asked to, rebooted when asked to. Still the scanner will not work. HP website doesn't give me any solution to my problem and I can't find anyone else with the same issue and a solution that works.

More about : scanner working

February 8, 2012 10:09:15 AM

KT Nizette said:
the Scanner will not scan documents or photographs.

Did a complete reinstall of the software from HP web site. Went through it all, clicked when asked to, switched off when asked to, rebooted when asked to.

sometimes an anti-malware or anti virus program might delete or quarantine important files if they think they get a false positive. But since you have had the scanner for 6 years, you probably know about this.

another idea: have you gone into My computer and checked the drive the computer is on. Have you found this drive?

also: in control panel there should be an icon for printers and another for scanners. Have you checked these icons.

If you go into printers you might check for which is the "default" printer. Make sure your HP is chosen.

another idea is to go to the start menu, then to my computer then right click on properties. You should find "device manager" there. If there is something wrong with a device there is sometimes a yellow question mark or other symbol next to an item.
!