Sign in with
Your question

My optical writer drive won't fit in case.

Last response: in Storage
June 26, 2011 5:19:52 AM

IGNORE WHAT I SAID, I WAS ABLE TO PUT THE DRIVE IN AFTER TEARING THE FRONT PANEL OFF AND WIGGLING THE DRIVE... I APOLOGIZE FOR MAKING A QUESTION BEFORE THINKING.

I was just so stressed out since this is my first time, and thinking about the returning process just really angered me.

Sorry Tomshardware.
:cry: 

================================================================

EXTREMELY Stressed out at the moment,

I've recently ordered my parts for a gaming PC, so far some arrived and I decided to try to put them in.

Right now only the case and the DVD/CD writer arrived. The Case is
Thermaltake v3 black edition. (MID TOWER)

My DVD/CD writer is Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black).

A user on the forum recommended this and another person confirmed that the build will work. It seems like the drive won't slide in because of the rail. The drive fits in barely 1/4 and I tried it from the interior.. Was I cheated on the build? and that this drive won't fit my case? Or am I just wronged and don't know how to put the drive in..

:pfff: 

First time builder.

* * E D I T * *

The four bays are identical in size.
The user who suggested me the build (He has his own blog.) Changed the optical drive to a
Asus 24x DVD±RW Drive DVD-RAM/±R/±RW 24x 8x 16x (DVD) 48x 32x 48x (CD) Serial ATA Internal OEM DRW-24B1ST (Black)
I'm blind when it comes to technology. I have no idea if this is the same size drive as the one he had before that I ordered?

IF the drive I have would fit in the case.. how would I solve this? :sweat: 
a c 415 G Storage
June 26, 2011 5:39:45 AM

Are you trying to install the drive in one of bays that's shown in the upper-right portion of the picture below? Those bays should fit the drive (assuming you remove the front panel on the case). In the picture below there seems to be a plastic gadget in in the top bay - if that's what's preventing you from installing the drive then you should be able to remove it.

m
l
June 26, 2011 5:57:59 AM

Thank you, I noticed it as well.

I do have another question though..

I bought a 125mm Antec fan and I want to install it in the front panel where the hard drive bays are.
It fits but I'm unsure if the cable wiring will reach all the way to the MOBO. I've seen people do it.. but it's a tough call.

m
l
a c 415 G Storage
June 26, 2011 2:43:18 PM

If the power cable doesn't reach you can always buy power extension cables such as this one from NewEgg:

m
l
!