SBOSlayer

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Hey all :)

I was just hoping someone can help me with this small problem i seem to be having. Lets start with the fact i'm currently a computer engineering student and have alot of experience fixing computers, however i have finally came across one i just can't rap my head around :(

I have a pc here and when i try to install windows it refuses to do it. Takes me to different stages every time before it just decides to restart. I have swapped out the memory, the hard drive, the cd rom drive, the graphics card and nothing. It still won't install windows without restarting. I even tried installing another hard drive with windows pre-installed, still restarts. also changed out the cables and checked that the capcitors aren't burst. There are no visible scortch marks on the board... I have absolutly no idea where the other problem could be unless it's a faulty motherboard or cpu.

It's an AMD athloon 3400+
512mb ram or 256mb (tested)
64mb graphics
120gb hard drive
Eberly (GA-K8VM-P-NF)

In addition i have taken out all PCI cards.

thanx for the help in advance :)

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Is this a brand new build? Or is it a system that worked previously?

What about the PSU? What model are you using and have you tried swapping it out?

This doesn't really tell us anything. You can't pop a harddrive with an OS pre-installed onto a different motherboard without expecting to run into problems.

vann

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
+1 to power supply or capacitors on mobo, probably some of them are swollen and need to be replaced...