Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$1040 i7 920 build - YAY OR NAY RAPIDFIRE

Last response: in Systems
Share

$1050 i7 920 - Pay or Wait?

Total: 11 votes (2 blank votes)

  • Pay
  • 56 %
  • Wait
  • 45 %
September 2, 2009 3:42:31 AM

Buy or wait for release of i5 etc. Intensive Music Production + Gaming pc is what I'm going for. The downside of course is I am not sure how long I'll be able to get the i7 for, even if they do drop the prices on x58/1366.
September 2, 2009 11:39:45 AM

In 4 days the i5 should be out.
Prices should go down.
I'd wait and see what it brings to the table.
September 2, 2009 6:55:57 PM

Sorry forgot the products that have deals I'm afraid to lose.

i7 920
EVGA E758-A1
Patriot Viper 1333 6gb (7-7-7-20)
Noctua NH-U12P

I just don't see the deal lasting this long, and I just don't see Intel dropping the prices of the 1366. The whole point of the 1366 is to be "higher end" (more expensive) than the 1156.
Related resources
September 2, 2009 8:48:56 PM

the i5s appear not to be able to handle x16 x16 multi card configurations, correct me if im wrong. but if that is the case, next gen dual chip card configurations might be bottlenecked
September 2, 2009 8:52:27 PM

i was right, tripple sli is x8 x8 x4, that aint gon work
!