Need to set up BIOS for dual SATA on Abit mobo

justcallmefred

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
I accidentally rest the BIOS on my Abit Mobo. It has a Phoenix- Award BIOS.It has IDE and Sata on the Mobo, but want Sata.I found a smaller HD that after a few boots in safe mode it let me in.I updated all the drivers, and I was going to clone it. As soon as I tried to boot with 2 HD's it kept rebooting itself when trying to get to a Windows log in screen.I kept seeing a message to hit the 'tab' key to go into raid, I finally looked in there and it says that raid is no configured, I don't want raid.....I want to just run 2 separate HD's.
If I can figure out how to do this, I have another pc nearly identical that I can put the smaller HD into and use. The 2 HD's are both Western Digital , a 200 gig and a 250 gig. And, I did try to install Vista and Win7 to load those drivers and it failed to load.....locked. If someone could please help it would be so appreciated....I have lost a lot of sleep over this.

Yes and no. But you need one drive as the boot device, and one as the secondary device. To do a drive to drive copy, try western digital's software. You should be able to download it for free. Reboot with this drive connected and the other one disconected. After installing the software, try inserting the sata cable into the disconnected drive to power it up. The software should detect it, and you should be able to select whichever drive you want to clone.

justcallmefred

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Doing it that way sounds like hooking it up IDE, which is what I don't want. The MoBo has 2 Sata prongs on it. It has both IDE and Sata hook ups , I just can't seem to get the Sata ones to turn on.