  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 9:07:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

.... ROOF pitches, that is. Currently, regardless of the type of roof
you have, you only get one pitch (slope level). That makes some houses
look Just Plain Stupid if you want to try to match reality - because if
you use a regular hipped roof, it's impossibly tall. Sometimes, you can
make the house look acceptable with a Mansard roof, but it's not always
Right. Also, some houses actually have roofs that change pitch part way
up.

ISTR that Sims 1 had the option for three pitches plus flat; it would be
nice if we got this back for Sims 2.

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com

More about : ptich pitches

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 2:19:57 AM

Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
> ... ROOF pitches, that is.

I am horrible with rooves. I usually just make the flat one.

Gareeth
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 10:46:06 AM

> Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
>> ... ROOF pitches, that is.
>
> I am horrible with rooves. I usually just make the flat one.
>
> Gareeth
Um. Yup. I get fed up with them and opt out quite often,
Make the house pretty for snapshots then tear the roof off. The Sims don't
care.
.....as they only show in big neighbourhood anyway......

This idea will backfire if the next EP does show neighbour's houses. Ugh!
Does this mean I will have to make gardens as well? Drat!

GCA