Mike

Splendid

A process running after startup called msoffice2.exe causes
100% CPU usage. Other Applications cannot be opened. By
ending the process manually in Task Manager, the system
returns to normal and all applications work properly. Is
this needed? If so, can I stop it from running at startup?

This program needs to be stopped in task manager it is not part of office
and appears to be a malicious program.
go to Start>Run>(type) msconfig and click on the startup tab if it is in
the startup items remove the checkmark and restart.

Download, Update & Run Spy Sweeper

www.spysweeper.com

Download & Run any of these free virus scanners.

http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Scanners.htm

--
Good Day
Haus