Here are my cpu specs:
CPU- E2180 @ 2.00 gHz
GPU- 9600GT stock
OS- Windows 7
RAM- 2GB
HDD- 500GB (200GB Free)
MoBo- G31 TE M7 Biostar
PSU- Antec Earthwatts 380W

For some reason when I play games such as Mirror's Edge, Street Fighter 4 and James Bond Quantum of Solace on medium settings the frame rate seems to jump around a lot. I think with my specs that I should be able to play on high settings with no problem but this isnt the case. Is there a bottleneck issue anywhere in my build?

Also, I cant figure out why I am unable to OC my CPU at all. As soon as I OC my CPU from 2.00 to 2.1 my ethernet goes out and if I clock even higher, games start to freeze. Any ideas?

spaceboy_24

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
if the problem is affecting most of your games then it seems that could be malware spyware working in the background and consuming ressources as it happened to myself.. clean installation would be worth considering

ixivaderixi

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I dont think that's it my Windows 7 installation is practically brand new. Also when I play, I use Game Booster so there arent any excess processes running in the background. I think this problem may be hardware related but I cant figure out which component is the problem

4745454b

Titan
What resolution and settings are you using? A low end dual core and a midrange at best GPU isn't going to play things maxed out at 16x10. You might be having issue with only 2GBs of ram as well. As for your OC problems the G31 isn't known as a fantastic OCer.

TRENDING THREADS