Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter - Device cannot start

Last response: in Components
November 24, 2009 5:00:35 AM

Hi all,

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on an i7 machine running on an ASUS motherboard. I get an error stating that "Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter" is not working properly and "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I have tried reinstalling the driver but continue to have the warning sign (yellow triangle with exclamation mark). I'm not even sure what it's for or how to fix it. Any suggestions? I have a screenshot of the error, but can't figure how to upload it. =I

Thanks.

November 30, 2009 12:01:54 AM

What driver? What are your system specs?
Score
January 6, 2010 2:35:59 AM

Same problem. New Hp Pavillion, Windows 7. Can't network with my older XP desktop, wired router connections. Both can access internet through the router. uninstalled the Toredo adaptor on my new HP---don't know how to reinstall to see if that helps.
Score
Related resources
January 9, 2010 9:42:41 PM

Same problem with New Windows 7 Dell Vostro i5. Internet working on network (xp) but cannot access the computers.

Chelco
Score
January 27, 2010 8:00:45 AM

I had the same problem: the yellow triangle warning attached to the user-PC icon in the menu "Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers".

I tried to uninstall the driver by using the command prompt, but it didn't work. But the following works:
Go to "Control Panel / Hardware and Sound".
Under "Devices and Printers" choose "Device Manager".
Search for the "Teredo Adapter".
Where you find it, right-click and choose "Uninstall".
The yellow triangle will disappear.

Best of luck!
Ultramarine
Score
January 27, 2010 9:44:39 AM

Usually I see this on infected machines that had some malware clean up .. and yes, just uninstalling it usually solves the problem. Same with that isatap driver..
Score
March 12, 2010 2:20:57 AM

I have a Toshiba running win 7 64 bit and the same Teredo issue. But the question is still--what is it and what does it do??

Thanks,
Howie
Score
March 26, 2010 12:28:51 PM

I'm interested in, finding this out as well. I just bought a Toshiba Satellite A505, has win 7, 64 bit. I innocently looked in the Devices and Printers and found a big yellow warning exclamation beside Devices. I did a trouble shoot and this is what comes up:
Isatap Adapter Code 10
Isatap Adapter 2 Code 10
IsataP Adapter 3 Code 10
Teredo Tunneling Adapter Code 10
6 to 4 Adapter Code 10

I clicked to fix, and the results came back problem with drivers, reinstall. I don't have a disc. Everything was preloaded in this laptop.

What are these adapters?
Any suggestions on where to go from here?
Are these adapters specifically for ethernet? I have dial up and use wifi at times when I am out, don't seem to have a problem so far. So I'm guessing these adapter have to do with ethernet connection????? Something I don't use.

Any ideas?
Score
Anonymous
April 25, 2010 1:29:27 PM

Are you all running Zonealarm?

One guy elsewhere changed a setting in Zonealarm firewall and said it was cured. Unfortunately I don't have that setting for some reason in my Zonealarm.
Score
Anonymous
April 27, 2010 5:23:31 PM

Quote:
Are you all running Zonealarm?

One guy elsewhere changed a setting in Zonealarm firewall and said it was cured. Unfortunately I don't have that setting for some reason in my Zonealarm.

Make sure that your firewall has IPv6 networking allowed.

Specifically, in ZoneAlarm, this can be found in Firewall under Main, Advanced.
Score
August 19, 2010 6:49:12 PM

No, I am not running ZoneAlarm, and I have the same problems described in this thread.
No one has yet taken a stab at explaining what these devices are, what they're used for, what effect of completely uninstalling them.

Thanks
Score
Anonymous
September 24, 2010 5:46:00 PM

Quote:
Make sure that your firewall has IPv6 networking allowed.

Specifically, in ZoneAlarm, this can be found in Firewall under Main, Advanced.

Thank you for advice. I checked the box and it was working after reboot. (I have win 7 with zone alarm)
Score
September 24, 2010 9:12:47 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!