Sign in with
Your question

ALL Browsers Hijacked.. Help me Please?

Last response: in Windows XP
February 8, 2012 10:12:51 PM

Hi all,

For the past month ALL my Browsers have been Hijacked (Firefox, Chrome and IE) on WinXP, specifically on Google Search.

SYMPTOMS:

1) Firefox ALWAYS asks me this when starting...: "Firefox is no longer the Default browser, make it default browser?"
2) Google Instant drop-down search, Doesn't work anymore.
3) Search hangs and takes 3-4 seconds before showing results.
4) When I click on a search result, it takes me to a SPAM or possibly VIRAL website.
5) Google Images only shows 2 lines of images (see attached image)
6) I downloaded latest versions of all the above-mentioned Browsers, problem still exists.

7) I pull out my Ethernet cable when not in use, and I get ocassionally I get an error pop-up (looks like a Firefox browser pop-up): "System is Offline.. Go Online?"

REMEDIES I have tried, in XP's safe mode:

SpyBot S&D
Norton Internet Security - found and removed Trojans (clean as of now)
HijackThis!
HouseCall - found and removed Trojans (clean as of now)
CWShredder
Lavasoft Ad-Aware

The problem has still been there for 1 month! Please, please help!

See How my Google Images looks:

More about : browsers hijacked

a b 8 Security
February 8, 2012 10:35:26 PM

Spybot is the tool you need. The problem is a nice Windows 'feature' called a Layered Service Provider (LSP). An LSP inserts itself into the Windows network code, and it can see and MODIFY any network communications.

Go back into Spybot, choose the advanced settings, and then give us a list of the LSPs it finds are active.
m
l
February 8, 2012 11:23:05 PM

PhilFrisbie said:
Spybot is the tool you need. The problem is a nice Windows 'feature' called a Layered Service Provider (LSP). An LSP inserts itself into the Windows network code, and it can see and MODIFY any network communications.

Go back into Spybot, choose the advanced settings, and then give us a list of the LSPs it finds are active.

Hi PhilFrisbie,

I ran the report, (I selected "include list of Winsock LSP in report" in settings)... but the LSP section is empty.

--- Winsock Layered Service Provider list ---

(nothing under it, moves on to: )

--- Uninstall list ---

m
l
March 9, 2012 5:49:50 PM

:o 

All browser hijacker have the same symptom, they changed your IE settings and host files, so the removal method is almost the same, you can try to fix your prblem by this video guide

http://malware-removal.****/hijacked-by-vipsearch-net-fraud-remove-vip-search-redirect-virus/

Hope it helpes

:) 
Abel
m
l
!