Toshiba Portege 3110CT PCMCIA problems

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
May 17, 2004 4:19:55 PM

I've been using a Netgear WG511 wireless adapter in my laptop for about 6
months now with no problems.

All of a sudden, the adapters's LED's do not light and I have no wireless
functionality. I tried a replacement adapter and that one still doesn't
work.

Is this definitely a hardware problem w/ my slot, or could it be a
bios/driver/software issue? I don't recall installing any new software in a
while.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PC: Toshiba Portege 3110ct
OS: Windows 98
Adapter: Netgear WG511 wireless card.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 18, 2004 5:32:52 AM

A very long time ago I tried to install win98se on a 3110ct and the
pcmcia slot did not work. I asked the group for drivers or a patch,
but was told that the 3110 was built for win95 and NT. I then
installed XP Pro and the pcmcia port worked with no problem. Maybe
the drivers you used are corrupted.

"Danno" <djdlashnospam@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<qamdnSrebuaiezXdRVn-gg@comcast.com>...
> I've been using a Netgear WG511 wireless adapter in my laptop for about 6
> months now with no problems.
>
> All of a sudden, the adapters's LED's do not light and I have no wireless
> functionality. I tried a replacement adapter and that one still doesn't
> work.
>
> Is this definitely a hardware problem w/ my slot, or could it be a
> bios/driver/software issue? I don't recall installing any new software in a
> while.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> PC: Toshiba Portege 3110ct
> OS: Windows 98
> Adapter: Netgear WG511 wireless card.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 25, 2004 12:30:28 AM

In the BIOS you can switch the PC Card slot between Cardbus, PCIC and
Autoselect. I'm not sure what the implications are, although in
general, I think you need PCIC for the CD adapter, and Cardbus for a
PCMCIA Card. Autoselect may work with some OS, but I have had problems
with it with Win2000.

HTH

Vaughan

!