Sign in with
Your question

Where is my editable VCORE on my Gigabyte z68 bios

Last response: in Overclocking
November 12, 2011 5:49:25 PM

I would appreciate any help or suggestions. I am attempting an overclock and I cannot find VCORE voltage anywhere on my bios that is editable. In the advanced voltage settings it just lists: Load Line calibration, Dynamic Vcore (DVID) which has values that do not look like normal voltage as they only go up to 0.064, QPI/Vtt voltage, systems agent voltage, graphics dvid. I can see the vcore in the page with all basic settings as informational but nowhere to edit it. Im guessing Im not putting something to manual or it is an accumulative number based on a bunch of other settings...any help. I have looked very hard to find any value that might make an editable vcore option appear.

Thanks,

My system

i7 2600k
Gigabyte mobo GA-Z68AP-D3
8 gig ram
560 ti nvidea gpu
November 21, 2011 2:46:17 AM

FMFPAC said:
I would appreciate any help or suggestions. I am attempting an overclock and I cannot find VCORE voltage anywhere on my bios that is editable. In the advanced voltage settings it just lists: Load Line calibration, Dynamic Vcore (DVID) which has values that do not look like normal voltage as they only go up to 0.064, QPI/Vtt voltage, systems agent voltage, graphics dvid. I can see the vcore in the page with all basic settings as informational but nowhere to edit it. Im guessing Im not putting something to manual or it is an accumulative number based on a bunch of other settings...any help. I have looked very hard to find any value that might make an editable vcore option appear.

Thanks,

My system

i7 2600k
Gigabyte mobo GA-Z68AP-D3
8 gig ram
560 ti nvidea gpu

the Dynamic Vcore setting lets u increase the base Vcore by this amount. on my GB-Z68aA-D3H-B3 I can increase it by 0.64 V. so look what the default is and work out how much to need to add.
m
l
November 28, 2011 2:27:18 PM

Thanks. I just saw someone answered this post. I have been able to achieve a stable overclock to 4.4 with everything on auto. Not sure why when it didnt stay overclocked before. the only thing I can think of is the CPU got broken in...I suppose this is possible but not sure. If I go to 4.5 it simply reverts to the default. Im going to play with what you indicated. I think my base is around 120 something and idles at much less. Im totally new to overclocking and already found out to not overclock using that software our mobo's come with as my pc froze up and I had to reinstall everything. I can see this is trial and error. Im just really trying to make it not exspensive trial and error.
m
l
!