Sign in with
Your question

Can't Run DDR2 in dual channel mode M4A785-M

Last response: in Motherboards
February 21, 2010 4:49:42 PM

Just got this mobo yesterday and I can't use dual channel configuration for my 2x2GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5 (supported). The only way I can use both of my sticks is to install them in A1/A2 (1 blue and 1 black. when installing in both blues or blacks the system won't even post. CPU-Z version 1.53.1 says it is in single channel mode.

Ps i'm running on Windows 7 64bit ultimate and Bio version 0604 (latest). Thanks for your help. :) 
February 22, 2010 3:30:06 AM

Got it to work after I unlocked the 4th core of Phenom II x3 720. I have no idea how, it just started working :na: 

theautumnsbest said:
Just got this mobo yesterday and I can't use dual channel configuration for my 2x2GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5 (supported). The only way I can use both of my sticks is to install them in A1/A2 (1 blue and 1 black. when installing in both blues or blacks the system won't even post. CPU-Z version 1.53.1 says it is in single channel mode.

Ps i'm running on Windows 7 64bit ultimate and Bio version 0604 (latest). Thanks for your help. :) 

m
l
February 26, 2010 4:09:18 PM

Wow how did you get it to work? I was surprised to find out that you had the same CPU as I do. I have had it unlocked since the beginning since I got it a year ago. I have been running dual channel on it eversince but a few months ago my computer wouldn't even POST. I couldn't figure out why and moved a ram to another slot and it worked. Now I cannot run dual channel anymore. Do you have a solution?
m
l
Related resources
February 26, 2010 5:41:33 PM

I have no idea what I did. Basically I updated bios to the newest version using Asus update program that came with the motherboard (you can also download it on Asus's website). After that, I unlocked the 4th core. Finally, I moved my rams from slots 1 & 3 to slots 3 & 4. I turned it on with my fingers crossed and it worked!!!! I was so happy. If you dont have the latest bios, maybe you can try it. Good luck!
m
l
February 26, 2010 5:59:15 PM

P.S. Here is Asus's solution (not very helpful) when I e-mailed them:

"In this situation, please take the motherboard out of case and keep the necessary components(a CPU, a video card) onboard for a test.
If it is not helpful, please clean the goldfingers of the memory by a rubber and plug again.
Please make sure the memory is really plugged into and try more times.
If it doesn’t work, please reseat the cpu and test again.
If it still exists, please erase the cmos to load default settings and try again.
If no effort, please adjust the timing and voltage of the memory moduels according to the spec and manual of them."

m
l
!